2.15

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Queenie and Polly were talking in the bedroom when they heard Sweet Pea shouting, "Queenie! Polly! Come quick!"

  They both shared a worried glance before quickly made their way into the living room to see Alice Cooper talking on the news with Betty and Hal by her side, "There has been a swirl of rumors today about our daughter, Polly. And we're standing here to tell you that there are all false. Yes, Polly was seeking treatment in a private care facility and she was under strict observation even at the time of Jason Blossom's death. When she found out about the murder, she was beside herself with grief. You see, my daughter, Polly, is pregnant with Jason Blossom's baby. Polly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone the father of her unborn child. Polly, darling, if you're watching this, please come home." Alice explained on the TV.

  Once it was over, Queenie and Polly had sly smiles on their faces, knowing that their plan worked.

Sweet Pea, however, was beyond shook. Sweet Pea slowly turned to face them with wide eyes, "Wait, so, Jason Blossom knocked both of you up and you're best friends?" Sweet Pea asked and Polly and Queenie laughed at him.

  Queenie playfully rolled her eyes as she took a seat next to Sweet Pea on the couch and jokingly ruffled up his hair, "No, silly, it's all a lie. I told Polly to lie when Betty came to visit her at the sisters. I had Polly tell her sister to tell everyone that Jason was the father, even though he isn't." She informed him and Sweet Pea frowned.

   "So, who's the father?" Sweet Pea wondered as he stared up at Polly.

  Polly shook her head, "Doesn't matter. He's a piece of crap and the baby is definitely better off without his misogynistic ass." Polly told Sweet Pea, who just nodded.

_____

   After getting a text from both Archie and Jughead to meet at Pop's for dinner along with Fred and FP, Queenie already knew it was going to be a train wreck, but then decided to tag along anyway.

  FP laughed as he continued to tell the story about when he and Fred were teenagers, "We spent the whole summer fixing up the W bus. Do you remember what we called it, Fred?" FP asked with an amused smile.

  Archie seemed to be extremely interested in the story while Jughead and Queenie weren't that interested. Well, especially Queenie, who heard the story before. Many times.

"The Shaggin Wagon!" They said in unison while FP pounded his fist on the table happily.

"This was before your dad had game," FP told Archie, "Senior year, he started a band and then the girls were all over him."

  "We were awful," Fred commented as he laughed slightly.

  "Yeah. Yeah, we were." FP laughed as he agreed with his former best friend, "But it was great, best time of my life."

  Fred took a sip of his coffee before placing it down, "You know, your dad was what is commonly know as a BMOC, Jughead and Queenie." Fred told them and Archie seemed to smile at this, clearly interested in these stories.

  "No way," Jughead replied, not seeming to believe this.

  "Well, for one, he single-handedly defeated our arch rivals, the Baxter High Ravens."

  "Jughead doesn't care about that, stuff. Football, sports, he takes after his mom in that respective and I mean that in a good way. And Queenie here, loves to hang out and getting into trouble with her Southside friends rather than take part in sports, don't you, Queenie?"

  "Yup." She replied with a smile as she picked up a fry and ate it.

  "I'd rather see you spending you're time writing, thinking up stories, nose in a book, typing away.You still do that, Jug?" FP asked his son.

"Yeah, yeah, Jughead works on the school paper with Betty," Archie informed FP since Jughead didn't seem to bother.

  "Betty? Ooh. Who is Betty? Is that your girlfriend?" FP asked with a smile.

  "Betty Cooper." Queenie answered for Jughead, giving her father an amused look, "Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?" She muttered quietly, so no one other than FP was able to hear her.

  "What about you, Queenie? Still into Sweet Pea?" FP asked, knowing it would piss her off.

  Queenie gave her dad a glare while Jughead smiled at this, "You like Sweet Pea?" Jughead asked her shocked.

  "I was never into Sweet Pea! Ever. He's just a friend. Nothing more than that,"Queenie rolled her eyes as she leaned forward in her seat, "You know, I...want to know more about that band. What was the name of this band?" Queenie asked, changing the subject.

   FP laughed as he turned to face Fred, "Come on, tell 'em."

"Uh, yeah. It was called the Fred Heads." Fred spoke up, causing them all to laugh.

"Wait, the what now?' Archie asked, still laughing at the name of his father's band in high school.

"Yeah, that's why it doesn't come up very often." He told them as Pop came over with the check, "Oh, thanks, Pop."

  FP looked down at the bill that Fred was holding in his hand, "Oh, come on, Fred. It's supposed to be my treat." FP stated quietly.

  Fred looked over at FP as he handed him the check, "It's fine. You can get it next time."

As Pop began to walk away with the check, FP began to spoke up, "Hey! Excuse me, Pop?" FP called out, extending his arm out so Pop could give it out.

  Queenie quickly shared a glance with Jughead before she began to look through her pockets for money. She had just paid Sweet Pea a thousand dollars to pay the month's rent and all of the back rent he owned, too, so she didn't have much money left until Friday, her pay day. Sweet Pea tried to decline on her paying, but Queenie insisted, saying it was the least she could do after giving both Polly and herself a place to live.

"Hey, they invited you guys out and had me tag along, I'll pay." Queenie spoke up as she held out a twenty dollar bills.

  "Put your damn money away, Queenie." FP argued sternly and Queenie let out a small sigh.

"FP, take it easy." Fred reminded him as FP dug into his pocket to get the money.

   "You owe me this." FP reminded him and Fred nodded.

  "Yeah." Fred agreed with him and Queenie noticed how both Archie and Jughead were frowning at this, "Sure, go ahead. Get this one. You know, if I would have known, I would have gotten another milkshake."

    Queenie shifted uncomfortably in her seat, wondering what the rest of the night was going to be left if she stuck around with the four males. She wondered if chaos would come or if it would be just fine.