1.4

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER FOUR
May 15, 2017

Queenie quickly turned herself around to see the leader of the Ghoulies, the rival gang to the Serpents

Queenie quickly turned herself around to see the leader of the Ghoulies, the rival gang to the Serpents. Malachi.

  Queenie rolled her eyes in annoyance as she used her right hand to lightly push him back, "What do you want, Malachi?" She asked him as she picked up one of her costumer's order and brought it to them with Malachi following close behind.

  "Heard from Penny that you're her delivery girl now," He answered and Queenie looked at him with wide eyes, "Oh, did she say that you're delivering to someone else?"

  "She said it was a Northsider," Queenie replied quietly  but then figured out why she had said that, "Of course she said that, she knew that I wouldn't deliver drugs to a Ghoulie. That bitch."

  Malachi chuckled as he placed a hand on her waist again, "Well, you got the stuff or not, Princess?"

   "I have a break in ten, so why don't you sit your ass down at a booth and I'll be there as soon as I can. Okay?" Queenie grumbled and Malachi smirked at her one last time before going over to an empty booth.

   "Are you okay?" A voice asked her concerned and Queenie looked up to see Jason Blossom standing before her.

   "I'm fine," She answered with attitude, "Why don't you go sit back down, Blossom?"

  "Is that your boyfriend?" Jason answered, ignoring her demanded to go back to his booth.

   "I have to admit, I'm impressed by your stubbornness," Queenie grinned.

  "Don't avoid the question, Queenie," Jason argued sternly and Queenie quickly looked up at him.

  "No, he's not. He's the rival gang's leader. I'm stuck in this deal with him because of a favor I did for this other person and now I'm stuck in this stupid mess. And if the Serpents find out I'm dealing with a Ghoulie—let's just say it won't be good," She ranted to him, "But before you ask why I don't just stop, I can't. That would be impossible. She did me a favor, so I have to do one for her, that's how it goes with the Snake Charmer."

Queenie ended surprising herself with the way she opened up to him like that.  She didn't open up anyone, she was always extremity secretive. She had to be honest, it actually felt good to tell him that.

  "Is he your ex-boyfriend?" Jason asked her curiously and Queenie quickly shook her head.

   "God, no, definitely not. We flirted and made out a couple times before, but after I found out he was from the rival gang, I severed all ties."

  "Oh," Jason nodded as he looked over at Malachi before looking back at Queenie, "I better get back to my table." He told her and Queenie nodded.

   Queenie sighed before she picked up the football team's order and brought it to them right after Jason took his seat at the booth, "Enjoy." She sent them a fake smile before making her way towards where her belongings were.

Queenie cautiously picked up the navy blue backpack she had decided to put the drugs in to keep it hidden and made her way towards the door.

Queenie looked back at Malachi, who was staring directly at her. She quickly gestured for him to follow her before the two exited Pop's.

Queenie followed Malachi to his car, "Where's the money?" She questioned him sternly.

"Don't worry, Queenie," Malachi told her as he held up the wad of money, "Right here. I also added a bit extra for you because I know Penny only gives you a very small percent of the money even though you're doing all the dirty work. My thanks to you."

Queenie rolled her eyes at him as she snatched money from him and tossed the backpack full of drugs in his front seat.

Just as Queenie was about to walk away, Malachi grabbed her by the hand and pulled her back toward him, "Hey, where are ya going, Queenie? Why don't you spend the rest of your break with me? We can even try out Penny's little favors." He told her as he trailed his hands to her butt.

"I'll pass." She told him, shaking her head.

"Come on, Queenie, you know you want to. Remember all the fun we used to have?" Malachi asked her smirking as he lightly pushed her against the side of his car and stood in front of her.

"Not after I found out you were Ghoulie," She shook her head and tried to get out of his hold, but failed, "I have to go, Malachi. Let go! No! Malachi, I said no!" She shouted at him.

"Quit the virgin act, Queenie. Everyone knows you're not, especially the way you act and dress around the Southside. Short Shorts, crops tops, low cut shirts? Oh, please."

"I swear to God, Malachi! Let go!" She shouted again, on the verge of tears.

"I think she told you to let go, asshole." A familiar voice told Malachi and Queenie turned her head to see Jason standing there, hands in the pocket of his letterman jacket as always.

"This is none of your business, Red. Get lost." Malachi argued as he glanced at Jason for a moment before looking back at Queenie.

"It is my business when it's on my side of town." Jason told him sternly and Queenie looked at him shocked, was he seriously talking that to Malachi, of all people, like that?

"You wanna come here and do something about it?" Malachi asked him angrily and Queenie assumed that this would be the part where Jason would back off, but nope she was wrong.

"Yeah, I do," Jason shouted at him as he ran over to Malachi and pushed him against a neighboring a car that wasn't Malachi's.

Queenie's eyes widened as she watched the scene unfold, "Jason! Malachi! Stop!" She shouted, not sounding like her normal self at all.

Why did she care that this Northside boy was fighting Malachi? She barely even knew the kid. Why was it, deep down inside, she was deeply worried that he was going to get hurt? Why did she care?

Usually, she would be on the sidelines watching it unfold like she would watch her favorite movie, but here she was, worrying about Jason's well-being.

What has gotten into her?

•••

AN: What do you think's going to happen?