2.9

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER NINE

  Queenie walked up the porch steps of the Andrews residence and knocked on the door

Queenie walked up the porch steps of the Andrews residence and knocked on the door. Soon enough, Archie opened the door with a smile, "Queenie, come in." He told her as he moved out of the way so she could enter.

She gave him a small smile as she walked into the house. Archie ended up leading her to his bedroom.

About an hour after, Archie sat on the floor of his bed while Queenie sat at the foot of the bed, assisting him anytime he needed it. Archie strung a few notes on his guitar and Queenie smiled. He stopped for a moment and looked up at her for a look of a approval. She smiled again, giving him a small pat on the shoulder, "Great. Now, write it down. Musical notation, not in those tabs you do. It's kinda annoying, but that dude, Oscar, he's right."

Archie obeyed her and began to write the notes down, causing Queenie to nod her head in approval, "You'll catch on quickly, handsome."

Archie smiled as he looked up at her and Queenie smiled back, Just then, there was a knock on the door and Fred Andrews entered, causing the two teenagers to turn their head, "Hey, Son, time to--Oh, uh, hey." He said awkwardly, causing Queenie to quietly chuckle. Both teens got up from their seats on both the floor and bed, "It's been a while, Queenie. How've you been?" He asked her with a smile.

Queenie sighed, "As good as it can get, Mr. Andrews." She answered sarcastically, running her hand over her belly.

Archie frowned, "Wait, you know my dad?" Archie asked confused.

Fred nodded, "Yeah, of course, I know Queenie. She's your best friend's older sister." Fred stated, leaving out the most important detail about FP, her father, formerly working with Fred, "And if I remember correctly, Archie, Queenie and her friends used to tease you like crazy when you and Jughead when the two of you were in kindergarten."

Queenie couldn't help but laugh at this, "It's all in the past. Plus, that was over ten years ago. Right, Archie?" She asked with a smile and Archie nodded his head.

Queenie remembered those times like it was yesterday. Mandy, Joaquin and herself would always be teasing Jughead and Archie when they were younger. She remembered Archie went home crying once. Oops. It was harmless to think about it now, it was them just being kids.

There was a moment of silence between the three before Archie spoke up, "Dad, Queenie and I are kinda in the middle of some music stuff." He told his father and Fred's eyes lit up.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, I'll leave now, wouldn't want to get in the middle of that." He told them before he started out the door.

Before leaving, he peeked in one last time, smiling at his son. Archie rolled his eyes at this before they both started to work on his music again.

______

"Are you sure, Queenie?" FP asked her for the fourth time as they stood in the Whyte Wyrm together, talking about what they were going to do about Hiram Lodge owing money. FP had come clean to her about his business with the Lodges. They weren't as close as they used to be, but they decided to start fresh and not keep secrets from each other any longer. They both knew how bad it ended last time

"Like the last four times you asked me, Dad, I can do it. It's no big deal. I'm due for my shift at Pop's in fifteen minutes anyway." Queenie told her father and FP sighed, hesitantly nodding his head.

Queenie exhaled deeply as she walked over to the glass tank in the middle of the bar that held two large rattlesnakes. She took off the top before placing her arms in, reaching for one of the snakes.

"Be careful, Queenie," FP told her and Queenie rolled her eyes.

"They got their venoms glands removed, remember? I'm fin--" Before she could finish her sentence, one of the snakes bit her and Queenie winced in pain. She was fine though, she knew this, but it still hurt like hell, "Shit!" She yelled out in pain.

"You okay, Queenie?" FP asked her, walking over to his daughter.

Queenie nodded before she dug her hands in deeper and pulled out of the snakes. She quickly placed it in the cardboard box on the ground and placed the cover on it. She sighed before she looked down at the bite. It was relatively small, but it was still bleeding. FP walked over and looked down at her bite, "Might wanna clean that before you go." FP suggested and Queenie nodded before she headed to the bathroom.

------

Once making it to Pop's later on the night. Queenie snuck in, leaving the box with the snake in it in the middle of the diner before sneaking out without detection. Hermione was in the middle of cleaning the grills when she heard the bell attached to the door ring. She put the cleaning object down before walking into the dining area to see the rectangular box on the ground.

"Hello?" She called out as she took off her rubber gloves and placed them down.

Hermione cautiously walked over to the box and knelt near it. She slowly removed the lid, only to see a large snake inside. She loudly gasped and let out a small scream as she immediately backed away. Still scared, Hermione walked forward a bit to get a close look. She knew it was clearly a message from the Serpents.

Queenie knew that it was her cue to enter the Pop's and slowly made her way to the door. She walked into the diner and Hermione immediately looked over at her.

Queenie gave her best-concerned look as she stared at Hermione, "What's wrong?" She asked, even though she already knew.

Hermione didn't say anything, still speechless, she just pointed down at the box. Queenie walked over to the box and faked gasped when she saw the snake, "Oh, my God." She muttered quietly.

____

After letting the snake free into the wild, Queenie came back in to see Hermione was still pretty distraught about it, "Can you tell me why the hell the Serpents left a snake at Pop's?" She asked and Hermione frowned.

"How did you--" She started, but Queenie answered for her.

Queenie rolled her eyes and pulled the top of her uniform down a bit, showing her tattoo. Hermione quietly gasped at this and stood up, "Y-You're a Southside Serpent?" She stammered, clearly shocked by the revelation.

"Gee. The last name Jones didn't give it away?" Queenie asked her, "Now, tell me. What's got the Serpents so pissed at you?"

"It was a message. For me, from, like you said, the Serpents," She explained, "My husband, he owes your people money."

"How much money?" Queenie asked her curiously and Hermione didn't answer, causing Queenie to let out a sigh.

A lot was happening in this town, more than she'll ever know.

AN: Jason's memorial next chapter!