3.13

THE SECOND TIME AROUND
CHAPTER THIRTEEN

  Early the next morning at about dawn, Queenie, Sweet Pea, and some other Serpents snuck into her father's trailer to start the first part of the initiation

  Early the next morning at about dawn, Queenie, Sweet Pea, and some other Serpents snuck into her father's trailer to start the first part of the initiation. The group of teenagers stood at the foot of the bed Jughead was sleeping in. They all had snake masks covering their faces and Queenie held Hot Dog, the Serpent's official dog, in her arms.

   Jughead woke up with a gasp and quickly sat up when he saw the group standing in front of his bed, "What the hell?" He gasped shocked.

  "Your iniation begins now with you assuming guardianship of the Beast." Sweet Pea spoke up as Queenie placed Hot Dog on her brother's bed. And with that, the group headed back outside.

  Queenie snickered a bit when she heard her brother say, "Are you kidding me?" He groaned.

______

After school, Queenie sat with Jughead at the kitchen table as she helped him recite the Serpent laws before they both headed to the Whyte Wyrm. Queenie ended up being appointed as the person who yelled at Jughead and asks him to recite all the laws.

  "A Serpent never shows cowardice...If a Serpent is killed or imprisoned, their family will be taken care off...Serpents..." Jughead sighed out when he couldn't think of the rest.

  "Come on, Jughead! Focus!" She complained, "You really need to start taking this seriously, this isn't just some joke."

  "I'm taking this seriously, Queenie, okay?" Jughead argued, "You've known these laws for like ever, how am I supposed to compare to you?"

   Queenie scoffed loudly, crossing her arms over her chest, "I was thirteen when I did the initiation. Don't you remember? I had to take care of Hot Dog the second for like three days and your mom complained because he was shedding everywhere. That night, I recited my laws at the Whyte Wyrm like it was nothing. And, unlike you, I didn't have anybody helping me practice." She explained and Jughead smiled a bit.

  "Wait, didn't you come home with a ton of bruises a black eye a couple days after?" Jughead asked her curiously, "I thought that girls had a different thing than the guys for the last part of the initiation."

  Queenie smiled once again, "I did both the guy's and girl's one. I was trying to prove a point she informed him."

  "What even is the girl's initiation?" Jughead asked curiously.

  "How about we stop talking about random ass stuff and take the laws from the top?" She suggested, clearly trying to change the subject.

      Later on at that Whyte Wyrm, a large group gathered around Queenie and her brother as Jughead continued to recite the laws.

      "What is the fourth law!" Queenie shouted in Jughead's face as loud as possible. She didn't even try to go easy on her brother. She knew that would only have the Serpents thinking she was playing favoritism towards her younger brother.