2.20

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER TWENTY 

 "So, that's them," FP asked his daughter with a shocked look as they both examined the picture she had received of the ultrasound at her appointment

   Queenie smiled at FP, "Yup. One boy and one girl." She told him happily.

   "Congratulations, Queenie. I'm happy for you," FP sighed as he looked up at the clock in the upstairs part of the Whyte Wyrm, "Aren't going to be late for that Northside baby shower thing you told me you got roped into?" He asked Queenie and Queenie sighed as she looked at the time.

  "Crap, I am." She groaned before heading for the stairs. Just then, she heard the sounds of fighting downstairs, "Bar fight's going on down there." She told her father before she began walking down the stairs with FP following soon after, "How much you want to bet it's Mustang?"

  FP laughed at her comment, "Isn't it always though?" He asked her and Queenie silently laughed at him.

  The father-daughter duo made their way downstairs to see Archie pinned down on the pool table by Mustang. Kevin and Moose were also there, being pinned back by Joaquin and some other Serpent.

  "Hey! That's enough, Mustang! Let him go, let them all go." Queenie demanded sternly.

  Mustang looked up at her and seemed to give her a glare, which FP clearly noticed, "You heard her, let them go."

  The Serpents immedialty let them all go after hearing both Queenie and FP's demands. Archie got off the pool table and his eyes widened when he saw FP standing beside Queenie.

  He always knew Queenie was a Serpent, it had always been out in the open to everyone around town for a while, but not FP. He never knew about that. He always wondered what made Queenie be dumb enough to be a Serpent, but now he knew, it wasn't her making some dumb decision, it was her following in her father's footsteps. After all, she was the favorite child.

  FP and Queenie made their way over to Archie, "I'll take care of this." FP announced, "Queenie, you should get going. You wouldn't want to miss that baby shower."

  Queenie nodded as she turned herself around and headed for the door. Before she could get there, she was stopped by Joaquin, Sweet Pea, and Mandy. They all had smiles on their faces and Queenie looked down to see Sweet Pea holding two gift bags, "What's that?" She asked them curiously.

  "Oh, nothing..." Mandy trailed off as she grabbed one of the bags and took out a small custom Serpent jacket. It had the same Serpent logo that only her father and herself had, the one that was different than the rest of the Serpents, "It's just your son and daughter's very own custom-made Serpent jacket."

  Joaquin smiled, "We all pitched in. Even Fangs and Toni. But it was all Sweet Pea's idea."

  Sweet Pea scoffed, trying to play it off, "It was nothing, really."

  Queenie smiled as she instantly wrapped her arms around Sweet Pea and hugged him, "Thank you, Pea."

  As they hugged, Queenie's back faced Mandy and Joaquin, which they used to their advantage. Joaquin jokingly formed his hand into a heart is he pointed to Sweet Pea and Queenie. Mandy mouthed, 'I ship it' numerous times to him, causing Sweet Pea to give them a death glare.

    ______

At the Pembroke, Queenie had arrived just in time. She stood to the side along with Polly, who seemed a bit nervous while Queenie seemed as content as ever.

   Valerie and Melody entered, giving Veronica a hug before they made their over to Polly and Queenie. "It's good to see you." Polly greeted them with a smile as she hugged them both.

  Queenie felt oddly out of place there. She had gotten used to hanging with Northsiders since she had gotten back, but at that moment, she felt like a fish out of water. Queenie couldn't help but curl her lips into a small smile when she saw Alice enter. She was glad her words of wisdom worked. Alice entered, holding not one, but two gift bags.

  "Polly, look, your mom's here." Queenie spoke enthusiastically as she pointed over at Alice.

  Betty made her way over to Polly and they both walked over their mother while Queenie walked over to Jughead, "You're sticking out like a sore thumb, Queenie." Jughead told her quietly.

  "How so?" She asked her brother sarcastically.

  Jughead sighed, "You're just standing there, Queenie. Engage in conversation." Jughead replied, "Why didn't you invite some of your friends?" He asked, only to feel absolutely dumb after asking the question, "Yeah, nevermind. That wouldn't be a good idea."

The duo quietly laughed as Jughead bent down and picked up a gift bag, "This is for--" Before Jughead could finish his sentence, Cheryl bursted through the door, pushing two different old-fashioned strollers.

  "We're here!" She spoke up brightly, purposely making an entrance. Queenie quietly laughed at the redhead. She knew Cheryl did it on purpose.

  One stroller was black with a white bow on it while the other was a navy blue one with a black bow. Cheryl walked over to where Polly and Queenie were standing beside each other, "No big deal, just the best strollers money can buy."

  "It's so expensive." Polly and Queenie commented at the same time, causing them to both to smile at each other for a long second.

"All I ask, Polly, is that you make me your baby's godmother. Queenie already said yes, which leaves you to say yes also." Cheryl stated and Polly slightly frowned, knowing she had already asked Queenie to be her baby's godmother, "Kidding...So not kidding."

  Cheryl began to laugh before she turned around and began to push Nana Rose's wheelchair, "Come on, Nana, let's get you a good spot by the food." Cheryl told her grandmother with a smile.

  Penelope began to walk over to Polly, "Polly. Let me begin with an apology. When I first heard about the baby, my initial instinct was to embrace the baby and not you. It was shocking news to hear Queenie was carrying Jason's babies, but when I heard you were, too, I was utterly shocked and didn't know how to react. It was wrong, I hope you can forgive me."

  Alice was about to intervene, but Betty pulled her back, "Think happy thoughts." Betty told her quietly.

Soon after, Queenie stood off to the side with Penelope, "May I see the pictures from the appointmet?" Penelope asked her curiously.

Queenie smiled as she nodded her head, "Sure thing," She replied as she took out the photo from her back pocket. Penelope quietly gasped as she looked down at the photo, "One boy and one girl." Queenie informed her with a smile, "I'm naming the boy after Jason."

  Penelope eyes widened when she heard the news and immediatly pulled Queenie in for a hug, "Oh, Queenie, I know already that you're going to be a fanstastic mother."