3.27

THE SECOND TIME AROUND 

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Jughead walked up to Thistle House, in search of Cheryl

Jughead walked up to Thistle House, in search of Cheryl. He needed to get rid of Queenie for the day so he could go through with the plan to get rid of Penny without his older sister trying to stop him. To do that, he needed a distraction that wasn't her boyfriend or a Serpent. And that person was Cheryl Blossom.

   He knocked on the front door, only have it be opened a few moments later by the redhead. She had a smile on her face until she saw Jughead, causing it turn upside down, "Hobo," She greeted him coldly, which didn't bother Jughead, who was already used to it.

   "It's sad to admit, Cheryl, but I need your help," Jughead informed her, "It has to do with Queenie."

 Cheryl's face was filled with concern when she heard his words, "Is she okay?" She questioned concern, "I haven't had the chance to talk to her in days, I hope she's okay."

    Jughead sighed, nodding her head at her question, "There's something going down tonight, with the Serpents. I don't want Queenie involved with it, but if she finds out, she's going to insist on helping. I can't let that happen so I was wondering if you could distract her for a couple hours tonight. It's for her safety." He explained to the redhead.

  Cheryl nodded her in response, "Of course, I'll help." She agreed without hesitation and Jughead sighed in relief, feeling as if the encounter with Cheryl went easier than he expected it to be.

______

   At Sweet Pea's trailer, Queenie was sitting on the floor of the living room, wrapping the gifts she had gotten for her friends.  She was in the middle of wrapping her gift for Cheryl. It wasn't really a gift, in Queenie's opinion. She felt the need to give it to Cheryl. It was a box filled with a fraction of the money from her bank account, which was filled with Clifford Blossom's drug-dealing money. The box in front of her held about five thousand dollars, the reasonable amount of money to give Cheryl and her mother without getting questioned by them.

   Hot Dog, who had been staying with Sweet Pea and Queenie for the past few days, walked out from the hallway and made his way over to Queenie. She smiled as he walked over to her and sat beside her. He began to lick her face, causing her to laugh, "Hey, buddy." She laughed as she began to pet the dog.

  There was suddenly a knock on the door, which caused Hot Dog stop licking Queenie and run over to the door. He continued to bark as Queenie got up and walked over to the door.

    Queenie was concerned about who it could be but still opened the door anyway. She opened it to see that it was only Cheryl, "Cheryl? What are you doing here?" 

_____

  Jughead stood in front of all the teenage Serpents, getting ready to ask them for help in taking down Penny. Sweet Pea sat on one of the couches in front of them while Toni sat on the leather seat of her motorcycle with Mandy standing beside her.