1.25

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER TWENTY
July 2, 2017

At the Whyte Wyrm, Queenie sat on a chair near the pool table as Joaquin and Sweet Pea played a game of pool, once again

At the Whyte Wyrm, Queenie sat on a chair near the pool table as Joaquin and Sweet Pea played a game of pool, once again. Fangs, Toni, Mandy, and Queenie sat on the sidelines. Fangs and Queenie betted twenty bucks that Sweet Pea was going to win while Toni and Mandy said Joaquin was going to win.

    Queenie wasn't really paying attention to the pool game like the rest of her friends. She sat there, eying the club soda in front of her.

   Sweet Pea looked up after shooting the eight ball, which ended up not going into the hole because he was distracted. He saw that Queenie acting weird and decided to ask her what was wrong, "You okay, Jones?" He asked the girl concerned.

  Queenie stared up at him and nodded her head in response, "Yeah, why?" She lied in a calm town. She was actually extremely on edge. She couldn't stop thinking that in less than fourty eight hours, she was going to be leaving this town and probably never coming back.

   "You look a little pale," Sweet Pea rcommented and Mandy and Joaquin found themselves quietly snickering.

    They quickly shut up when they saw the glares both Sweet Pea and Queenie were giving them, "I'm fine, Sweet Pea." She reassured him with a small smile.

    "You sure?" Sweet Pea asked her and Queenie sighed. 

     "Yes, I'm sure." She slightly laughed at him.

      Sweet Pea and Joaquin began to continue their game of pool before Queenie began to speak again, "Hey, guys? If you had the chance to leave town, would you?" She asked them all and the whole group lifted their heads up to  give her a puzzled and concerned look.

        "Why do you ask?" Toni asked her curiously, wondering why her friend would ask such a thing.

     Queenie shrugged, trying to play it cool, "I'm just curious. Most of us don't get the chance, but if you did, would you guys leave Riverdale?" She questioned before they began to answer, thinking of it as just a harmless question.

      "I would," Joaquin spoke up, "I'm dying to get the chance to leave this dreadful town. I wanna go places. Visit some family in California. My brother lives there." Joaquin explained and they smiled at him, "But I don't want to leave the Serpents either."

      Mandy laughed, "Nah, I wouldn't, I'm stuck here. It's just me and my brother, and you know Mick ain't leaving anytime soon, not when he's in love with that Angie girl." Mandy informed them and they laughed, remembering Mandy's crazy older brother.

    "What about you, guys? Toni? Fangs? Sweet Pea?" She asked them curiosuly before Toni spoke up.

      "Nope, my family has lived here for decades, no way am I leaving my family behind. I love them too much." She infromed the group who nodded in understanding.