4.9

THE END

  CHAPTER NINE

  During the course of a few days after Queenie had transferred schools, she found herself befriending some of the Northsiders, unlike the rest of the Serpents

  During the course of a few days after Queenie had transferred schools, she found herself befriending some of the Northsiders, unlike the rest of the Serpents. There was actually one, in particular, she befriended the most, that person was Reggie Mantle, of all people. Queenie knew not to tell Sweet Pea, knowing of the history he had with Reggie after the Bulldogs and Serpents fight a couple months prior. The two boys hated each other and Sweet Pea knowing his girlfriend was hanging out with the guy he hated wouldn't really end well for everyone. Whenever Sweet Pea would ask where she was going when Queenie was going to hang out with Reggie at Pop's, she would simply say that she was going to Pop's, not ever telling who. Sweet Pea would try and offer to come with her, causing Queenie to say that she just wanted time alone, which Sweet Pea, of course, said okay to. Queenie felt bad for lying to him, but it wasn't like she was cheating on him or anything, she and Reggie were only friends, that was all.

  Once arriving at Pop's, Queenie glanced around the diner filled with people to find Reggie sitting on the far left alone, waiting for Queenie to get there. She smiled, walking over to him.

  "You made it," Reggie said as he looked up at the brunette with a smile.

  "Sorry, took me awhile to get here. I had business with my dad to deal with." She informed him calmly. Queenie placed her bag down before taking a seat across Reggie, "How's basketball?" She asked curiously, resting her head on her hand as she looked straight at Reggie.

   Reggie laughed, "Oh, I forgot, you're still suspended. You probably don't know." He told her and Queenie frowned, giving him a confused look.

  "Know what?" She questioned, still confused about what he was talking about.

   "Sweet Pea and his lapdog, Fangs, they're trying out too," He explained to her and Queenie seemed shocked by the next, not even knowing her own boyfriend was trying out for the basketball team. She had to be honest, it felt like she hadn't had an actual conversation in days.

   The duo began to conversate amongst each other, talking about the most random things. Just then, Queenie heard the bell of Pop's ring, causing her to instantly look.

  She let out a large sigh when she saw that it was Fangs, Sweet Pea, and Jughead entering together alongside Mandy and Toni. Toni ended up being the first one to spot Queenie sitting with Reggie Mantle. She immediately began to whisper to the rest of the group and soon enough, every single one of them was staring at her. Sweet Pea had an angry look on his face, which he tried his best to hide but of course, failed horribly. The group of five walked past Queenie and they tried their best to not look at her.

  "Cheater," Fangs remarked, trying to play it off as a cough.

   Queenie rolled her eyes as she turned her head to watch the group take a seat at the booth right next to hers. Coincidentally, Sweet Pea's back faced Queenie's, "I'm not doing anything wrong." She whispered to him and Sweet Pea just scoffed.

   "Oh, yeah? So why have you been lying about hanging out with Mantle for the past week," He argued, "You're a cheater. You tried to say I cheated on you with Kayla way back when you're the cheater in the relationship."

   "I'm not cheating on you, you ass. Reggie's only my friend, nothing more." She argued back and Sweet Pea finally turned his head to look at her straight in the eye.

   "Look me in the eye right now, tell me that you have absolutely no feelings for me." He demanded in a low tone.

   "I don't have any romantic feelings for him." She replied calmly, causing Sweet Pea to slowly nod his head.

   Queenie turned back around to see that Reggie was texting on his phone. Once noticing Queenie had averted her whole attention towards him, he placed his phone down, "I, uh, just remember, I was supposed to meet Moose at his house in like ten minutes. Is it okay if I leave now?" He told her and Queenie nodded her head in response.

   "Sure thing," She answered with a smile, "Bye, Reggie."

  "Bye, Queenie." He said back, placing down a pile of cash for the bill before getting up and leaving.

   Queenie sighed, getting up from her chair. She looked down at Sweet Pea, who was utterly silent as the rest of his friends made conversation with each other. His mind was clearly somewhere else at that.

   "Sweet Pea," Queenie spoke up, causing Sweet Pea to turn his head to stare directly at her after hearing his girlfriend call his name.

   "Yeah?" He replied quietly.

   Queenie moved her head to the side, gesturing toward the door. Sweet Pea nodded his head before getting up from his seat, following Queenie out of Pop's.

   Once they were outside, Sweet Pea turned to her, a serious look on his face, "What is it you wanted to talk about?" He questioned curiously.

    Queenie stayed quiet, wondering how she could ask him the question without making it all go downhill for her, "What's going on with us lately?" She spoke up, "It seems like things have been different since..."

  "...Since right before winter break when Kayla kissed me." He finished Queenie's sentence for her, "Yeah, I have no clue. I wish that could have never happened, it feels like if it hadn't happened, everything would be fine." He admitted and Queenie nodded her head.

   "How do we fix this?" She asked quietly and Sweet Pea shrugged.

    There was a moment of awkward silence before Sweet Pea spoke up, "Hey, I'm Sweet Pea," He said with a smile, holding out his hand.

   Queenie knew where Sweet Pea was going with this and shook his hand, "I don't think we can really start over, Sweet Pea."

   Sweet Pea frowned, "Why not?"

   "We live toge--" Queenie stood her sentence when she felt water start to trickle down her right leg, "Aw, hell."

   Sweet Pea looked at her with a face full of concern, "What is it? What's wrong?" He asked and Queenie slowly looked up at her.

   "I think my water just broke." She stated and Sweet Pea's eyes widened in shock.

AN: Oh, boy....