2.23

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

 It was nighttime in Riverdale and Queenie was fast asleep in her bedroom at Thornhill

It was nighttime in Riverdale and Queenie was fast asleep in her bedroom at Thornhill. She tossed and turned in the bed, trying to overcome the dream she was having.

It was all going by in flashes. First, it was just days before Jason's death. One of the last loving moments they had together that she remembered.

  Flashback:

  "Queenie?" Jason spoke up, breaking the surprisingly comfortable silence between them. They were laying beside the pool at Thornhill mansion. They had just gotten out of the pool, barely wearing any clothes.

"Yeah?" She replied quietly and Jason let out a small sigh before he began to confess something to Queenie.

"I've wanted to tell you this for a while, but I just didn't know when to tell you. My father, his maple business isn't just actually what it sounds like. It's actually a cover for something way worse. It's for selling drugs, drugs like heroin. My father, he wants me in on it and I don't want to. It's one of the reasons why I actually want to leave Riverdale," He explained to his girlfriend and she listened closely to every single word he spoke to her, taking it all in, "I don't want to be apart of it and I think he's going to want my head for that when he finds out."

   Queenie sighed as she lifted her head up to stare at Jason directly in his eyes, "What?" She asked him shocked, her voice sounding as he was both shocked and scared at the same time. Mostly scared, though.

"I'm scared for my life if I stay in this town any longer than July Fourth," He confessed and Queenie could see the fear in his eyes and she could also hear it in his voice.

Flashback over:

  Queenie instantly sat up from laying down, out of breath. That was lead, Clifford Blossom could have been Jason's killer. She just didn't know what to do with the information. Queenie laid back down, but didn't go back to sleep, she just laid there, thinking back on it.

____

   The next morning, it was snowing outside and the whole Blossom family and Queenie and Polly stood near the barn as the cars filled with trustees arrived. They were there for the start of the maple business and Queenie knew that there was blood in the water now that Jason had passed.

The group of five had umbrellas covering themselves to stop the snow from getting all over them. Penelope and Clifford seemed to send all the individuals exiting their cars death glares. They were clearly not happy about their arriving. Especially since they were there to try and take the business away from them.

Once their sudden arrival occurred, the group headed back inside and Queenie got ready to head to Southside High. After grabbing her backpack, Queenie headed for the door, only to be stopped by Penelope, "And where are you headed to?" She questioned the Jones girl protectively.