2.28

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

  At the dance, Queenie entered by herself, only to be instantly cornered by Cheryl, who linked arms with her, "I thought we were driving together?' Cheryl questioned and Queenie looked at her as if she were crazy

"Are you fricken' nuts, Cheryl? I had to jump out of my bedroom window to escape Thornhill to get this place. No offense to your family and all, but I think they're trying to kill me. Your dad in particular." Queenie told her and Cheryl ended up giving Queenie the same look Queenie had given her just moments before, "I need to go find Joaquin, see if I can borrow his phone to call Sweet Pea."

And with that, Queenie walked off in the direction of the gymnasium. Queenie entered Riverdale High's gymnasium to have numerous eyes on her. She glanced all around before her eyes locked on Joaquin, who was standing with Kevin. She quickly made her way over to them in rush, "Hey, guys." She greeted them and they both gave her a concerned look. They knew something was up with Queenie by the face she was giving them.

"You okay, Jones?" Joaquin asked his friend concerned. Queenie didn't answer, she just nodded her head before Mayor McCoy began to speak on stage.

"Friends, students, and alumni," Mayor McCoy announced, "I hope you all brought your dancing shoes. Please join me in welcoming to the stage, Riverdale High's very own, Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge."

The two teenagers began to sing 'Kids in America' and everyone seemed to be dancing with each other besides Queenie, who happened to be a lone wolf at the moment.After their song ended, a slow song began and Queenie made her way over to her younger brother, who happened to be alone.

"Hey, Jug," She greeted him quietly and Jughead gave her a concerned look. She knew he was about to ask if as was okay and she was quick to stop him, "I'm fine, before you ask."

"Have you seen Betty?" Jughead asked his sister and Queenie shook her head in response.

"No, I haven't. But I can help you find her though." She replied and Jughead sent her a smile before they both made their way over to Kevin, who was slow dancing with Joaquin when they arrived.

"Hey, guys, have you seen Betty anywhere?" Queenie asked them curiously.

"You all need tracking devices," Kevin commented before looking around, "I think I saw her headed out to the hall with Veronica and maybe Archie."

Jughead nodded his head before he and Queenie headed out to the hallway to see Archie, Betty, and Veronica talking amongst themselves about fifty feet away from them.

"Guys, Betty," Jughead spoke up as he and Queenie made their way over to the group.

Betty turned around and gave the siblings a sad look, "What's going on?" Queenie asked, giving them a face full of concern.