1.19

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER NINETEEN
June 20, 2017

THE BEGINNING CHAPTER NINETEEN June 20, 2017

"I am so, so sorry." Sweet Pea told Queenie, tears welled in his eyes as he looked at Queenie. They stood outside the Ghoulie's den together. Malachi had let them go after what happened. Queenie was silent for a long moment as they stood there together. She kept an emotionless look in her face, trying her best not to break down. Sweet Pea noticed this and pulled her in for a hug. She wasn't in the mood to hug anyone, but she couldn't tell him otherwise.

   She began to cry in her friend's arms, causing Sweet Pea to hug her even tighter, "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have called you to come help. I shouldn't have. I'm so stupid." Sweet Pea rambled. feeling as if this were all his fault.

  "It's not your fault," Queenie spoke up finally as she lifted her head up to speak to the tall Serpent, "Can I crash at your place? I usually stay at Jason's, but--" Queenie didn't have to finish her sentence, Sweet Pea Just nodded his head.

   Queenie went into her pocket and took out her keys before tossing them to Sweet Pea, "Mind driving?"

    Sweet Pea's eyes widened, "Wait, so I get to drive Queenie Jones, princess of the Serpents' bike?" Sweet Pea asked jokingly.

   It was clear he was trying to make Queenie smile. He hated seeing her this sad and Queenie knew that so she put on a smile that was somewhat fake, "I guess you do, Sweet Pea." SHe told him, putting on her best smile.

   Sweet Pea started the bike after Queenie wrapped her arms around his torso. She held on tight as they began to speed away. Once getting to Sunnyside Trailer Park, they parked Queenie's motorcycle in front of FP's trailer. Of course, her father ended up arriving on his bike at the same time, "Queenie?" FP asked shocked before seeing Sweet Pea, "Sweet Pea. What are you guys doing here?"

     Queenie was unable to form words, so Sweet Pea took it upon himself to speak for the both of them, "We were at a party. She was wasted so I decided to drive her home. I was going to take her on my bike, but she insisted on taking her home."

  "Wow," FP scoffed, "You actually let him ride your bike?" He asked her, not even bothering to acknowledge the part he said about his daughter being drunk.

   She only nodded her head and FP could already tell something was up with his daughter. She always gave attitude when she talked and she always was one to be sarcastic and talkative. But here she was, giving only a nod, "You okay, Queenie? You don't look too good." FP asked his daughter concerned.

  "I'm fine," she replied quietly, "We're just going to head to Sweet Pea's. Mandy and Joaquin are headed there, too. So is Fangs and Toni." She lied in a calm tone and Sweet Pea was shocked about how she was such a good liar.

   FP was quiet for a moment and looked over at Sweet Pea before replying, "Okay, then. You take care of her Sweet Pea. Don't get into too much trouble."

  "Too late for that." She muttered quietly.

  "What was that?" FP asked and Queenie quickly looked up.

   "Nothing," Queenie replied.

    And with that, Sweet Pea brought Queenie to his trailer. Queenie ended up taking a shower at his place and he gave her a t-shirt to wear. Her phone kept buzzing as she was in the shower. When she exited the shower, she finally answered, "Hello?" She answered the phone have the person on the other side of the line sigh in relief.

"Thank God. I thought something happened to you," Jason told her, sounding like he was extremely nervous, "What happened when you went to Malachi's?"

  "Nothing much. He let Sweet Pea go." She lied in a low tone.

   "Are you coming back to Thornhill tonight? Or are you staying on the Southside tonight?" He asked her curiously. Queenie was relieved that she didn't have to lie about this. She technically was staying on the Southside, just not in the trailer Jason expecting.

  There was a knock on the locked bathroom door and Sweet Pea began to speak, "Queenie? You good?" Sweet Pea asked her.

   "Yeah, I'm fine, Sweet Pea. I'll be out in a sec," Queenie told him and she could have sworn she heard Jason scoff, "Jason? You still there?"

   "Yeah," He answered, "What are you doing with Sweet Pea?" He questioned and Queenie sighed, knowing she couldn't lie about her whereabouts now.

   "I'm at his trailer."

  "What are you doing at his trailer?" He asked his girlfriend, clearly becoming jealous.

    "He's letting me crash for the night. He's going through a lot at the moment and he needs a friend. That's not a problem, right?"

   Jason was quiet for a long moment before speaking up, "Yeah, it's fine." He said, even though he didn't sound too sure about his response.

   "I gotta go," She stated, "I love you."

   "Love you, too, bye," Jason replied before hanging up.

   Queenie sighed as she placed her bra back on and put on the shirt Sweet Pea had given her. Because he was tall, the shirt extended down to just a few inches above her knees. She took a deep breath before exiting the bathroom.

   Sweet Pea was standing just outside the bathroom with his arms crossed, "Wow, I didn't know I was 'going through a lot at the moment and needed a friend'." Sweet Pea quoted her and Queenie punched him lightly in the chest.

  "I had to say that. What would you say if your girlfriend told you she's staying at a guy's house?"

   Sweet Pea loudly scoffed, "Queenie, if I was that Blossom kid, I would have picked your ass up. No way would I let my girlfriend stay at another guy's house if it wasn't her family."

   "Well, technically, you are family. All Serpents are each other's family."

   Back at Thornhill, Jason knocked on Cheryl's bedroom door before entering, "Cheryl. I need your advice. I think Queenie's cheating on me." He stated, causing Cheryl to look up from her magazine with wide eyes.

AN: Oh, boy, poor Jason. Poor Queenie, too.

     After part one of this book, I'm going to make a part two for season one of Riverdale with Queenie in it. Part one will go on up until July Fourth, then it will be part two. I'm thinking about making a second love interest, too. Got any ideas?