2.17

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

 There was a knock on Queenie and Sweet Pea's trailer while the two of them and Polly were fast asleep

There was a knock on Queenie and Sweet Pea's trailer while the two of them and Polly were fast asleep. Somehow, the three teenagers had all fallen asleep in Sweet Pea's queen sized bed. They didn't know how they all seemed to fit, but they did.

   Sweet Pea let out a groan as the loud knocks on the door continued, "No it!" He shouted out as he stayed laying down, not getting up from the bed.

   "Not it," Polly said at the same time, causing Queenie to groan in annoyance.

    Queenie let out a sigh as her eyes fluttered open to see that it was morning, probably not even eight o'clock yet. She got up, nearly tripping over Sweet Pea's legs, which were hanging off the bed.

   She rubbed her eyes as she walked down the small hallway and made her way toward the door, still half asleep. Queenie's eyes widened when she turned the knob and opened the door the Betty standing there, "Betty?" Queenie frowned when she saw Polly's younger sister at the doorstep.

   Betty didn't even bother to explain herself, she lightly pushed Queenie out of the way before she entered, "I know my sister's here. Jughead told me to just wait until you finally told us the truth, but I can't wait anymore. I know Polly's here and I'm talking to her right now." She demanded before she began to walk down the hallway, into the bedroom.

  Betty frowned when she saw Polly asleep in the bed and Sweet Pea rummaging through his drawers for a clean shirt, "What the hell is this?" Betty questioned confused once seeing the sight.

  Polly shot up from the bed when she heard her sister's voice, "Betty?" Polly gasped, "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

   Betty scoffed, "Because Jughead and I know how good of a liar Queenie is, we figured there was a chance she lied to Jughead when she told him she knew had no clue where you were. Come to find out, we were right. And I come to find you here in bed with some random dude?"

   Betty frowned when Polly, Sweet Pea, and Queenie all began to laugh at her, "What are you talking about, Betty?" Polly asked her sister with an amused smile, "Each night, we all take turns sleeping on the couch and this time, we all ended up falling asleep on the bed." Polly explained to her sister, "Now, what the hell are you doing here because if you're trying to get me to come back home, it's not going to work."

  Betty sighed as she walked over to where Polly was sitting and Sweet Pea walked to Queenie and stood beside her, "The Blossoms have offered to give you a place to stay just like they did to Queenie. They want to help support you."

   Polly shook her head, "I'm not leaving here." She argued with Betty, "I'm fine here."

   "Polly, they just want to talk with you," Betty complained before looking over at Queenie, "Actually, they want to talk to the both of you if we're getting technical."

  Queenie noticed the pleading look Betty was giving her. She sighed as she looked over at Sweet Pea with her arms crossed, "I think you should just talk to them, Polly. What do you think, Sweet Pea?" She spoke up and Sweet Pea looked over at Polly, who was giving him the look that said 'You better back me up on this'.

"I-I-think, maybe Queenie's right. Just talk to the creepy Blossoms family. If you don't like what they offer, ditch their asses." Sweet Pea explained the proposal in a way that he knew Polly would definitely be into.

   Polly tilted her head as she stopped glaring at Sweet Pea and turned to face her sister once again, "I kinda like that idea, guys. You know what, Betty? I'm in. But I'm only going to meet with them if Queenie goes, too."

   Betty crossed her arms over her chest, "Polly, of course, Queenie's going. The Blossoms want to see both of you." Betty told them as if it were obvious.

   It was quiet for a moment before Sweet Pea spoke up, "And if whatever's going down doesn't work, you can keep living with Queenie and I. You're cool compared to the rest of the Northsiders and I've finally figured out why Queenie likes you so much." He explained and Polly sent him a smile, so did Queenie.

   "Thanks, Sweet Pea." Polly thanked him and Sweet Pea nodded his head in response.

______

Later on that night, Queenie, Polly, Jughead, and Betty all sat together at the front counter, waiting for the Blossoms to arrive. Betty quickly glanced back at the door before she looked over to her older sister, "The Blossom's should be here soon." Betty spoke up, "Once we talk things through with them, we'll talk to mom and dad."

Queenie smiled at Polly when she saw how nervous she looked. She placed a reassuring hand on top of hers, causing Polly to smile as she looked up at her best friend, "Are you nervous, Polly?" Queenie asked her concerned.

   Polly shook her head, "I'm thankful. At the home, the sisters said each of us had a guardian angel. You're mine, Queenie. You and Sweet Pea." She replied with smile.

  Queenie quietly chuckled at the comment about her friend, "I hope you tell Sweet Pea that when we get home, he'll get a real good kick out of that." She remarked, causing them both to laugh.

  Just then, the bell attached to the door rang and the group of four turned to see Cheryl enter by herself. Polly's eyes widened when she saw the redhead, "Cheryl." Polly gasped as she stood up from her seat. Cheryl quietly gasped as she looked down at Polly's belly. She lightly placed a hand there before quickly pulling her hand away, "I am so sorry about Jason. I know how much you loved him." Polly stated as she grabbed Cheryl's hand and held it in hers, "He always told Queenie and I about how much he loved you."

   "Cheryl, where are your mom and dad?" Betty spoke up when she didn't see Penelope and Clifford with Cheryl when she entered Pop's.

   Cheryl was quiet as her lips trembled. It was almost as if she was hesitant to say something, "You have to leave. Now." Cheryl demanded, "My parents, I don't think they want to help you like they want to help Queenie." Cheryl explained, causing the group to stare at her in confusion.

  "What are you talking about, Cheryl?" Queenie asked the redhead confused.

   "They want you out of the picture, Polly. It's not safe for you with them. It's not safe for JJ's baby." Cheryl informed them and Polly began to feel scared.

   "Like I told you before, Polly. You can stay with Sweet Pea and I." Queenie spoke up and Betty shook her head in disagreement.

   "She can't stay a one bedroom trailer with you and some random boy, Queenie." Betty argued calmly.

    Veronica was about to propose staying with her and her mother, but Polly began to speak up, "I would rather stay with Queenie and Sweet Pea than anywhere else, Betty." Polly defended herself and Queenie, "Let's go, Queenie. We should get back to the trailer."

   And with that, Polly grabbed Queenie's hand and they both headed back to the Southside of town together.