3.10

THE SECOND TIME AROUND CHAPTER TEN

  It was about eight AM the next morning and Sweet Pea was just starting to wake up

  It was about eight AM the next morning and Sweet Pea was just starting to wake up. As he got up from his bed, he looked over to see Queenie was still fast asleep on her side. He sighed, placing a hand on her shoulder as she shook her head a bit.

  Queenie groaned out, "Five more minutes." She begged, still half asleep after Sweet Pea's attempt to wake her up.

  "Come on, Queenie, we gotta get to school. It's the least we could do, it'll also help us plan what we're going to do to Archie as payback." Sweet Pea told her encouragingly.

   Queenie let out a sigh. She rubbed her eyes before she sat up to find Sweet Pea sitting on the edge of the bed, looking down at her. She smiled, pulling him in for a kiss, "That actually sounds great."

  Queenie stood up from sitting on the bed and began to get ready for school, "You ever going to tell me what the hell happened last night? You froze when Archie pulled the guy on me. I had to call your name like ten times before you finally answered me." He told her and Queenie gave him a sad look.

  "I just...it was just giving me flashbacks." She replied and Sweet Pea frowned in confusion.

  "Of Jason. When got kidnapped and brought to the Whyte Wyrm basement, we were tied to chairs and left there for days. On July eleventh, like you already know, Jason died, which also happens to be my birthday. I watched as his father came in a pointed a gun to his head. I froze and it felt like the whole world stopped. When I saw Archie point the gun at your face like that, I froze because, in my mind, it felt like the same exact thing was happening all over again." She explained to him quietly.

   Sweet Pea let out a sigh as he stood up from his seat on the bed and made his way over to Queenie. Queenie instantly hugged Sweet Pea and he hugged her back, "I don't want history to repeat itself. I can't." She demanded.

"It won't. Don't worry." He assured her.

_____

Queenie, Sweet Pea, Fangs, and a couple other Southside Serpents all stood in an empty classroom at school. They sat on top of desks while Queenie stood at the friend of the room, ready to explain her plan on getting revenge.

   "The plan is simple: We got to Red's house, we march right up to his door and we confront him," Queenie explained and Fangs gave her a confused look.

   "Is that it?" Fangs questioned, seeming as if it wasn't a good plan.

   Queenie scoffed loudly, "Who do you I am Fogarty?" She asked, placing her left hand on her heart as if to fake being offended, "I'm pretty sure when we go there, others will be there, too. A little birdie told me this and this means we'll have a good fight." Queenie explained with a smile.

  They all seemed to be happy by this news, "You fighting?" One of the Serpents asked curiously.

  Queenie sighed, placing a hand on her belly, "Sadly, no. But I'll be there to make sure none of those dimwits try anything stupid."

   The group laughed at her comment. Queenie missed being able to take part in all these events and fights, but there wasn't anything she could do about it.

    _______

  The group of Serpents, including Queenie, came to a stop when they got to his house. Instead of driving his bike, Sweet Pea ended up taking the truck so he could ride with Queenie. The two teenagers exited the truck and the rest of the Serpents that decided to come followed them up to Archie's house.

  "You sure this is his house, Jones?" One of the Serpents asked her and Queenie turned to face him.

  She nodded her head and smirked, "Yup, I'm absolutely sure. This isn't the first time I've been here." She replied.

Queenie couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for what she was doing to Archie. This was her brother's best friend. The same boy that got his father to FP a job and give Jughead a place to stay when he was homeless. But it was also the same boy who had pointed at Sweet Pea, blamed the Southside on anything wrong with his life and so much more.

  The whole group, lead by Queenie and Sweet Pea, walked up the porch steps of the Andrews residence. It was only a moment after, the door was opened by Archie, revealing both himself and Veronica

     "How stupid are you, Northsiders?" Queenie scoffed as she took a step forward, "You really think you just waltz into my house, stick a gun in boyfriend's face, in front of our boys, and there wouldn't be any payback?" She growled at him before becoming quieter, "You triggered my PTSD, Archie, I'll never forgive you for that."

  The statement that only Sweet Pea and Archie heard made them both utterly shocked. Sweet Pea had no clue about this, Queenie just shrugged it off that morning as if it were nothing, but it wasn't just nothing.

  "Queenie, look, I--" Before Archie could finish his half-ass apology, Reggie walked over and opened the door wider so he could speak to the group of Serpents.

  "You have crap timing, bro," Reggie stated, "Bulldogs eat Serpents for lunch."

   "Yeah, we'll see about that," Sweet Pea replied with a smirk before he looked up at the rest of the football players in Archie's living room, "And the more the merrier!" He spoke up louder, knowing that it would tick off Reggie.

   Reggie went to roughly grab Sweet Pea by his jacket, but Archie pulled his arm away. "Hey, chill." Archie warned him in a low tone before he turned to Veronica, "Veronica, stay here."

  Veronica was quick to object, "What? Archie, no!" She argued.

   Archie walked over to Veronica and began to whisper something to her while Reggie sent glares to Sweet Pea. Knowing it would piss the tall Serpent off, Reggie turned to Queenie with a smirk on his face, "You look good, Queenie, it's been a while. Did I ever get to tell you that seem to get hotter and hotter everytime I see you?"

  "Are you seriously trying to flirt with me right now?" Queenie scoffed, causing Reggie to smirk even more.

  "Why? Is it working?" He replied and it was clear the statement set Sweet Pea off the edge.

  Sweet Pea was about to go forward and punched Reggie, but Queenie pushed him back, "Sweet Pea, no. You can get him back after, not, now." She whispered to him and Reggie laughed. Queenie knew he was getting ready to make a statement so she quickly shut him up, "Shut it, Reggie."

    Finally, Archie turned back around to face the two teenagers and their friends, "If you want to fight, we'll fight," Archie spoke before looking over at Queenie, "But she can't fight. She's Jughead's sister and no way am I letting her get hurt," She explained to them and Queenie seemed amused to how caring he sounded.

   "What about your gun?" Sweet Pea asked him.

  "What about your knife?" Archie retorted with attitude.

   Veronica sighed as she walked over to them, "How about no weapons?" She interrupted, "If you troglodytes insist on doing this, there will be rules. Or shall I call Sheriff Keller to be referee?"