2.10

THE AFTERMATH
CHAPTER TEN

 Queenie entered Jason's memorial all by her lone self

Queenie entered Jason's memorial all by her lone self. She wasn't planning on going, she felt as though it was too much for her to handle, but her friend needed her. Cheryl needed her and she couldn't leave her to deal with this by herself.

Queenie walked toward the entrance, only to hear someone call her name, "Queenie." Someone called out for her and Queenie turned her head to see it was Penelope Blossom.

She had a small smile on her face as she walked over to the teenage girl that was pregnant with her grandchildren. Penelope let out a sigh before pulling Queenie in for a hug, "I'm glad you could make it. I was worried you wouldn't show." Penelope told Queenie as she pulled away from the hug. She stared at Queenie up and down before stopping at Queenie's small baby bump, "How are my unborn grandchildren?" She asked and Queenie smiled slightly.

"They're good. Healthy. I'm going to my ultrasound next week to find out the genders." Queenie informed her and Penelope nodded her head.

"Do you have someone to take you?" Penelope questioned Queenie nodded once again.

"Yes, my friend is taking me. Don't worry, I promise to bring you back sonogram pictures." Queenie stated in a calm tone.

Penelope smiled at the girl who she had grown to love like a daughter. Some could even say she cared for Queenie more than Cheryl, even if it was sad to admit, "I must ask you again, Queenie, wouldn't you feel more comfortable staying here in Thornhill? It's much more spaced out than that trailer you are said to be living in at the moment."

Queenie shook her head, "I'm fine where I am at the moment. I'm working at Pop's to make enough money to get my own place before the twins are born." She explained to her and Penelope frowned in confusion.

"You wouldn't want to live here at Thornhill? It would be a beautiful place to raise the twins." Penelope suggested and Queenie felt a weird feeling in her gut.

She knew it would have sounded better to live at Thornhill than in a trailer that only had one bedroom, but something felt odd to Queenie recently whenever she was at Thornhill. She didn't know what it was, but it felt almost dangerous. Especially when she was in the same room as Cliff Blossom. She knew it probably was nothing, but for her whole life, she always followed her gut feeling and since she had been back, something in her gut told her to stay as far away from Thornhill as she could.

"I think I'll stick with the trailer. For now." She replied politely with a small smile.

Penelope sighed, "We should get inside." She suggested, placing an arm around Queenie as they entered Thornhill Mansion together.

Queenie frowned when she saw Cliff giving her a death glare from the corner of her eyes. She wondered, did he blame her for Jason's death somehow.