3.19

THE SECOND TIME AROUND
CHAPTER NINETEEN

   "Sweet Pea, no!" Queenie shouted out as she tried her best to pull Sweet Pea back

It didn't work though, Sweet Pea still tried to get to Malachai, which led to some of his buddies getting ready to go after Sweet Pea. The stood up from their seats, ready to attack Sweet Pea if he were to get to Malachi and try to pick a fight with him.

Queenie roughly grabbed Sweet Pea his arm, trying to stop him from making a big mistake, "Sweet Pea, just leave it be!" She loudly shouted at him, a bit of fear in her tone.

"Queenie, get out of the way!" Sweet Pea yelled at her.

Without even noticing it, Sweet Pea had pushed Queenie backwards, which landed her on the ground.

Queenie looked up at him from her seat on the ground, shocked by what he had done. Sweet Pea quietly gasped as he stared down at her, fear in his eyes. The whole entire room went silent, no one knowing what the hell had just happened.

"Queenie, I'm—" Sweet Pea began to apologize, holding out his hand for Queenie to take so she could have better assistance standing up.

Queenie scoffed, not seeming to care much as she pushed his hand away and got up off the ground on her own, "You're an asshole." She told before she forcefully grabbed him by his arm, "We're going. Now. See you at the race, Malachai. Prepare to lose."

Once the two teenager got outside and out of the House of the Dead, it was already dark outside, the street lights being the only form of light on the street.

"Queenie, look, I'm so—" Before Sweet Pea could finish his sentence, Queenie whipped herself herself around to face him. Within seconds, Queenie's fist had collided with Sweet Pea's nose.

He stumbled back a bit, blood dripping down from his nose. He looked at her with wide eyes, holding a hand on his bloody nose.

She had an angry look on her face as she glared at him, "I don't want to hear your half ass apology, Pea, you and I both know you suck at it," She told him in a low tone, "It's fine, I forgive you."

"Then why the hell did you punch me?!" He questioned and Queenie tilted her head a bit as she stared at him.

"Hormones," Queenie replied in a joking way before she walked off in the direction of Sweet Pea's truck.

________

As always, Queenie was able to enter Riverdale High without anyone telling her to leave the premises. She walked in through the front entrance doors, only to get numerous stares from people because of her visible Serpent jacket.

She made her way down the hallways until she found Reggie Mantle, flirting with some random River Vixen.

She cleared her throat, trying to gain the boy's attention. He looked up once hearing her, but frowned in confusion.
Queenie glanced over at the girl and gave her a glare, "Scram." She demanded and the girl instantly obeyed, scurrying off in a hurry.

Reggie sighed, "What do you want, Queenie? Shouldn't you be on your side of town?" He asked her and Queenie rolled her eyes.

"I need a favor," She told him and Reggie looked up at her amused.

"And what makes you think I would do anything to help you?" He retorted as he began to walk away.

Queenie instantly gripped onto his forearm, pulling him back toward her. He looked up her shocked, "If you do this for me, I promise you and your Bulldogs a place to party and drink, you'll even get to watch a street race." She proposed and Reggie seemed to become interested.

"I'm listening," He replied in calm tone, "What do you need?"

"Your car. For the race. I have to race this guy and I need to make sure I win. I've seen your car, it's drives really fast. I need to borrow it. You can invite your friends to watch the race if you want." She explained and Reggie smirked.

"I'm in," He told her, still smirking.

Queenie sighed in relief, "Race is tomorrow at twelve. I'll tell you the address beforehand." She informed him before she began to walk away.

_________

  "What the hell are you doing here, guys?" Queenie asked Betty and Veronica, annoyance laced in her voice as spoke.

  It was the day of the race and many people had gathered, Northsider teenagers, Ghoulies, and Serpents. They all seemed to stay in their separate sections, all divided by their own cliques.

  Queenie was making sure everything was all alright with the car when she saw Veronica and Betty standing with Archie, Jughead, Kevin, Cheryl and Reggie, who were all either standing near Kevin's truck or sitting on the hood of it.

  She gave the two girls a questioning look, which made both of them sigh, "We're here because Jughead and Archie told us to come." Veronica informed Queenie, who gave an amused look, "We also came because we were there yesterday when you were at that guy's place, we wanted to see you kick that his sorry ass in the race." She explained and Queenie didn't believe her story much.

"Let's do this!" Tall Boy yelled out, causing everyone to cheer.

  "And that's my cue," Queenie stared before she made her way over to Reggie's car.

   Before getting into the driver's side of the car, Queenie looked over at Sweet Pea, who was sitting with Toni and the rest of the Serpents that had decided to come watch the race.

"Sweet Pea!" She shouted out, causing the Tall Serpent to immediately look up at her, "You coming or am I doing this race alone?" She asked him with a smile.

  Sweet Pea smiled back at her before quickly making his way over to the car, "Let's get these cars up on the road." Tall Boy told them.

  Queenie turned her head to look at Malachai, who was smirking at her as he got into his car. She gave him a glare before she too got in the driver's side of her own car.

  Boy, was she in for one hell of a ride.