1.14

THE BEGINNING
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
June 18, 2017

THE BEGINNINGCHAPTER FOURTEENJune 18, 2017

  "Oh, fuck." Queenie muttered as she looked down at the white stick in her right hand.

  Here she was, on a Saturday afternoon, sitting in a bathroom stall in the Whyte Wyrm's women's bathroom. She looked down at the test results. Two pink lines.

She was pregnant.

  "What is it? What happened? Is it negative?" Mandy questioned as she stood up from her seat on the bathroom floor in front of Queenie's stall.

   "This is the third one I've taken," Queenie stared as she opened the bathroom stall door to talk to her friend, "It's true, I'm pregnant." Queenie began to tear up at her statement.

  How could she have been so stupid? All this because of that drunken night at Reggie Mantle's party. Why didn't she ever ask him if they used protection?

  "Oh, honey," Mandy sighed as she pulled her best friend in for a hug, "It's going to okay. There's a ton of options. Adoption—" Before Mandy could finish her sentence, Queenie cut her off.

  "What? So my baby can just be put into the foster care system and grow up without a mother like I did? FP's wife treated me like shit because I was the child of her husbands and her best friend little love affair. I will not let that happen to my kid." Queenie explained and Mandy sighed.

   "What? So you going to keep the baby?" She asked the Jones girl who only shrugged.

  "I don't know." She muttered.

"Well, you gotta tell Jason. You have a date with him in an hour at Pop's, you can tell him then...." Mandy trailed off and Queenie shook her head.

  "I can't, I can't tell him. He'll just end up ditching me like any teenage boy would. I have to deal with this on my own."

Mandy sighed, "Hey, I might not like that Blossom kid, but he's crazy in love with you. The two of you are like Rivedale's own version of Romeo and Juliet. He would never ditch you no matter the circumstances."

•••••

    After getting multiple calls from Jason about their date, Queenie ended up telling him that she didn't feel good. He offered to take care of her, but she declined much to his dismay.

   She knew she couldn't tell her dad, so she decided to tell the next best thing: Jughead.

  Queenie walked into Pop's to see her brother at a booth alone. She passed by Cheryl who gave her a worried glance, she must have heard from Jason about Queenie not being with him because she was supposedly  'sick'.