1

"No, ketchup is better than mustard!" I snapped.

Noah glared at me, "You're an uncultured swine!" He scoffed, "Mustard is a classic!" He argued. I reeled my head back and stared at him, mouth agape in the cheap plastic chair, "Did you just call me a cow?" I asked, offended.

Noah shrugged, "Shouldn't have trash talked mustard." He said smugly.

I rolled my eyes, "You're acting like ketchup isn't a classic. If anything, it's more of a classic than mustard because mustard tastes like sour pickle juice!" I snapped. Noah stared at me for a second, lips pursed, "You like pickles, right?" He asked. I shook my head no. "There's something wrong with you. I think you might've gotten dropped on your head too many times as a kid." He muttered.

"Well at least I don't look like an idiot. It's a dead giveaway with you." I retorted, shooting him a fake smile. Noah glared at me and returned to his phone in response.

Noah and I, despite our argument about ketchup and mustard, were best friends. There's six of us, actually, in our friend group. Noah was the oldest at 18, with sandy blonde hair and brown eyes. He was about 5'11 and I suppose more of a jokester than anything. Truthfully, he wasn't an idiot nor did he look it. He was actually more on the goodlooking side.

Anthony was the second oldest, also 18, and he was definitely the more quiet one of the group. He had dark brown hair and grey eyes with quite a nice body, if I say so myself. He was crazy into sports but despite being a jock, and a rather popular one at that, he was shy and reserved. Most of the jocks here were loud and obnoxious, but not Anthony. He was incredibly kind and helpful to those in need, even if he didn't know them.

Olivia was the third oldest at 17, though she'll be 18 in a month. She had long blonde hair and quite delicate features with pale blue eyes. She was sweet, just like Anthony, but in a different way. While Anthony didn't like being rude to anyone under any circumstances, Olivia had no problem in bringing out the big guns. She was kind, but not a doormat by any means.

Jasmine was the fourth oldest, also 17 and she was a girl of few words. She had dyed dark red hair that reached her shoulders and brown eyes with tan skin. She was part Japanese and part Native American. She was a fierce girl, that was for sure. Jasmine was protective of her friends and sought out by many guys, but to no avail. She had been my friend since I was eleven and had had around three boyfriends over the years. I was the one she was probably closest to in the group.

Elias was the fifth member of our group and had just turned 17 three months ago. He had short black hair and was about 6'1, the second tallest of our group besides Anthony, who was 6'3. Elias was dark skinned and had a wide smile, which he always seemed to be wearing. He was into sports like Anthony, except Elias did track whereas Anthony played basketball. I hadn't known Elias as long as everyone else since he'd moved here just this summer before school started, but he was definitely the more positive one.

I'd thought Olivia was positive, and then Elias came along and I realized I was wrong. His positive mood was always there, no matter what and while it was nice, it also made me a little concerned. I liked to be sure my friends were okay, but Elias always dismissed being anything other so I assume he is.

Then there was me, the last and youngest member of our friend group- Leila. I'd barely turned seventeen a week ago.

I was definitely more on the awkward side and could barely properly talk to people I didn't know, but I didn't mind. I liked to think I was a good friend and kind to people, but it really depended. I could be a mega bitch, that was true.

Jasmine suddenly plopped down beside me in a chair, frown on her face while Olivia plopped beside Noah, landing a kiss on his cheek. That was another thing I forgot to mention, Olivia and Noah were dating. Noah could be a weirdo, but he was extremely protective over Olivia and I admired that. I knew she was in good hands and that's all I wanted for her.