35

A/N: Ok but does anyone want smut in this book because I have no shame in writing it so lemme know. I need to figure out where tf I'm going with this book

The next day, I had expected that Reed would come over to my house so that we could finish the assignment, but he firmly refused and demanded that I find a way to get to his house since he didn't feel like driving. My mom was off Saturday's, so I headed into the livingroom, where I knew she would be sat on the couch. Sure enough, she was sat there on the end of the couch, on her laptop with the TV on for background noise.

"Mom?" I asked, and she glanced up. "Can you take me to a friends house for a school assignment?" I asked, leaning against the wall. She shrugged, "Sure, one second." She said, giving me a smile. I raced back upstairs and grabbed my backpack, making sure my papers and such were all inside before returning downstairs and heading out to the car when I saw Mom was now outside.

The drive wasn't as long as I'd remembered, probably because I fell asleep on the way there and then felt moms hand softly shaking me awake. I peeled my eyes open and blinked when I saw we were already at Reed's house, giving Mom a kiss on the cheek before I left and headed up to Reed's front door. I knocked, waiting quietly in the morning air for him to hurry up and answer the door.

When he did, my eyes widened in surprise.

Reed was not only shirtless, adorned in only a pair of black sweatpants with the band of his boxers able to be seen poking out from his sweats, but he had a big ass snake draped over his shoulders and across the length of his arms. "What the fuck?" I blurted, stepping back a little. The snake was at least four and a half feet, maybe five even. The length of its body was against Reed's skin, or at least most of it was until he ran out of arm space and the head of the snake sort of hovered in the air, beady eyes peering over at me.

"Eh.." I started, fiddling my fingers a bit, "It'd have been nice if you mentioned you had a snake that's almost the size of me." I stated, keeping my eyes locked with the snakes. Reed rolls his eyes, "He's harmless. He's a gopher snake and his name's Buddy." He said, raising the snake up to look better at him.

I nodded awkwardly, "That's nice, but is it venomous?" I asked warily, and he shook his head. "No, you'll be fine. Come in." He stepped back from the door frame, allowing me to slip past him into his house. It looked bigger when it wasn't cramped full with people. Reed closes the door and walks past me, the snake still lounging across Reed's broad shoulders and wrapped around his forearms. I followed behind him, taking more time to look at his house now that it wasn't full.

Reed began heading upstairs, taking two steps at a time while I took one since I was paranoid of tripping and falling. I couldn't help but to notice that Reed had a really nice back, smooth of any blemishes and muscled in all the right ways. He turned into a room on the left of the hall, so I followed in behind him while he walked over to some really big tank, obviously for Buddy.

He carefully put Buddy down into the tank, leading back over to his room and flicking on his bedroom light. The soft red glow cast over the room, not completely illuminating it.

I plopped on his bed while he began maneuvering around the bedroom, pulling open drawers and looking through them before moving to the next. He pulled out some papers and a pen, taking his seat beside me on the bed. His stomach muscles scrunched up, creating tiny little rolls on his stomach due to his slouched posture. His hair was messy, scattered across his head and sticking up in different directions.

I took off my bag and zipped it open, turning open to the page in my journal I had where I'd written down the things I was going to write that I knew about him. Reed went to say something but then a soft ping sounded through the room and he grabbed his phone off the dresser, checking it. He groaned in annoyance, rolling his eyes as he tossed his phone onto the dresser again before he glanced over at me. "We'll have to do this later. My dad wants me to go to the store 'cause he's at work and doesn't want to go once he gets finished." He said.