31

"You got so much fucking food." Reed mutters from beside me on my bed, glancing over at my ten chicken nuggets, large thing of fries, and double bacon cheeseburger. He'd only ordered a cheeseburger and a large fry.

I shrugged, shoving a fry into my mouth, "Maybe if you hadn't eaten my ramen noodles." I said pointedly, raising my brows at him. He rolls his eyes, "Yeah, right. You and I know damn well that your ass is so fat because of one thing: food." He snorts, to which I flush. "So what? I like my food." I huffed, dipping a nugget in honey mustard.

"Hey, so.." I started, pausing to swallow my food, "Does it matter if I bring along the other five tomorrow?" I ask, cocking my head to the side. He shakes his head as I take a sip of my water, "No, you can bring whoever. They gotta get their own rides, though." He says, shrugging. "Oh, okay." I nod, glancing up at the TV, which was playing Dexter. "You gonna bring the boy toy?" He hums.

I look back over with a confused frown on my face, while he just has a little smirk curving at the edge of his lips. "Boy toy? What boy toy?" I scoff. "Noah." He clarifies, making me roll my eyes. "You're stupid. God, I've already been over this with you. Noah has a girlfriend, firstly, and we don't see each other like that, secondly." I sigh, shaking my head. "You sure about that?" He asks.

I nod, "Of course. Noah and I are friends. Why do you keep insisting on anything else?" I frown. He shrugs, leaning back into my pillows, "I dunno. The looks he gives you sometimes is a little...odd." He says. I roll my eyes, "Okay, Reed. You read more into things than some of the girls I've known." I snort.

"I was just messing with you." He admits, pulling his pack of cigarettes and lighter out of the pocket of his sweats. He lights a cigarette, his dark eyes locked on me as he inhales it. "I know you're a good girl. You wouldn't fuck with someone's boyfriend." He hums, blowing out the smoke. I bite my lip as I look away, hating that he made something so bad look so good.

I hear the front door open before closing and my head pops up, hearing mom's footsteps heading quietly up the stairs. She sluggishly walks past my bedroom, not even noticing me as I crawl out of my bed and follow her into her room. She'd already plopped down onto her back and was laying on her side, snores coming out of her mouth as I pulled her blanket over her figure.

I placed a soft kiss on her temple before turning off her bedroom light and closing the door quietly. "You tuck your mom in often?" Reed asks from my doorway, his arm raised above his head as he leans against my doorframe with his forearm. I shrug, coming to stand in front of him, "It happens." I say, ducking under his arm and climbing back into my bed. "She must've been dead tired. She didn't even notice you had a shirtless boy laying in your bed." He chuckles.

I roll my eyes, "Mom knows me. She was like me when she was my age. You know, not really caring about sex or being in relationships." I explain, glancing up at him as I shove a nugget into my mouth. "So that's where you get it from, then." He mutters, and I shrug. "Sorta. She was different in the way she saw herself, though. Mom was like me in terms of being a 'prude' and that's it. She knew she was pretty and she flaunted that, but didn't ever do anything. Very much the embodiment of the saying, "You can look but you can't touch," I guess." I explained.

"She was more of a tomboy, really. She liked basketball and didn't care about makeup or boys or drama. I think that's part of the reason we connect so much, when she isn't working." I said, picking at one of my nails, which was on the way of breaking off. "But yeah, that's where I get that from." I shrugged.

"You just gonna stand there all night or come sit back down?" I asked, chewing up another nugget as Reed stared at me, cigarette loosely taken between his lips. He plops down beside me while I throw a fry to Jack, who catches it and practically swallows it whole. Reed takes one of my nuggets and then picks up my burger, taking a big ass bite.

"Bitch!" I exclaim, staring at him in annoyance, "Stop eating my food!" I huff, taking back my burger. "I paid for that, ya know. I'll eat whatever I want." He retorts. "You will not!" I scoff, placing a hand behind me as I push myself more up the bed. "You wanna bet?" He asks, raising a brow.

I pause. "No.." I muttered, accepting defeat as he takes the burger back and continues eating it.

When I finish my food, I place the empty plate on my dresser and flop onto my back, spreading my arms out beside me as I groan. "What's wrong with you?" Reed snorts, making me flip the finger at him. "Nothing. What's wrong with you?" I mumble. "Why'd you think there's something wrong with me?" He asks, frowning. "Figured maybe there's a reason you're a little bitch." I shrugged, and he glared at me.

"You suck." He mumbled. "And you swallow." I retort, to which he raises a brow. "That's actually your job." He chuckles. My mouth parts as I stare at him, "Shut up! God, you're dirty." I laugh, sitting up and rolling my shoulder back when an itch hits me. "We established that." He shrugs.

I get up off my bed with all of the trash and Reed follows behind me downstairs, "Are you even wearing bottoms?" He asks, and I look down at my bare legs. "No, why?" I frown, tugging my sweater down more over my thighs. "Just wondering." He shrugs, tossing his paper plate into the trash can. "I can put some on if it bothers you or something. I just figured my sweater was long enough." I offer, heading back upstairs.

"Doesn't bother me." He denies, following me into my bedroom.

I flick off my bedroom lights and leave my TV on, laying the body pillow between me and Reed as I take my spot on the left side of the bed.