27

Reed and I start the PE project that same week on Friday night, a large clear tarp laying on my backyard. There was a big ass camera, which I don't know where he got, that was set up on a chair on top of a large pile of books a little away from the tarp. He was currently covering the tarp with six bottles of baby oil, leaving two for each of us.

"I don't know about this." I sighed, staring at the tarp warily. He glances at me for a second before pressing record on the camera, a laptop opened on a couples yoga pose picture.

I stared at the pose, shaking my head, "That is going to kill me." I mumble. He snorts, grabbing the baby oil and dumping one over my shoulders, shaking it until it's empty as he moves around, being sure to get my arms and front. "Only if I'm lucky." He says, and I take the full one from his hands, throwing some of the oil onto his bare chest before getting his arms and his back. "No, seriously, you're paying for my funeral if this kills me." I say, tossing the bottle over my shoulder while he gets on the tarp on his back, pushing his legs up only halfway.

I stand with my front facing him, awkwardly trying to lower my back onto his feet. "If you drop me, I'm not kidding when I say I'll drop kick your balls." I threaten, reaching back and gripping his calves as he pushes his feet straight up into the air, gripping my heels. "Did we get it?" I ask, and he grunts, releasing my heels and propelling me off of him, sending me tumbling onto my back on the tarp. "Reed!" I yell, and he just chuckles, "That was like throwing a rag doll! You just flopped." He laughs, heading to the computer to change the picture.

I stare at the computer while Reed just bends over, his hands and feet on the tarp with his butt sticking in the air. "Dear heavens." I mumble, planting my hands on the slippery tarp and trying to flip myself over onto the back of his legs, but I end up propelling myself forward too hard and too fast. I slam into him and shriek, my legs sliding off of him and landing roughly on my back. "Ow, fuck!" I curse, and I can hear Reed chuckling, his shoulders shaking.

"Don't laugh at me!" I snap, trying to repeat my motions except more carefully this time. My butt collides with his and for a second, I think I might fall again but somehow I steady myself, sticking one leg forward and the other backward in the air. "Got it!" Reed exclaims, and then he stands before I can move, sending my body into a half fall and half flip trying to safely land in my spot.

"Okay, this next one's easy." Reed assures, changing the picture again. He half bends his legs, and I do the same in front of him, his hands trying to grip my forearms while I grip his. "Why are you so slippery?!" He exclaims, and I stare at him like he's an idiot. "Gee, I don't know." I say sarcastically.

He ignores my comment and pulls back a little, his hands still gripping my forearms. "Pull back!" He exclaims, and I frown. "I am!" I say, but he keeps repeating himself. "Do it, Leila! Pull back! You need to be straight!" He yells. When I don't, he releases my arms with a slight shove, sending me sliding back on my feet before I slip, falling onto my back. "God, Reed!" I hiss, sitting up with a glare. "You are literally the worst partner on the planet! Seriously, you suck." I snap, and he shrugs, still laughing.

"I don't know what you're talking about. This is the most fun I've had in a while." He grins, and then he gestures to the tarp in front of him. "Now get on your hands and knees. Time for the next one!" He cheers. I glare at him but do as I'm told. "Wait." I say, noticing him walking around me, and then his hands press into my back. "Wait, what are we doing?! What pose is this? You're literally going to crush me!" I exclaim. "Well, do you want to be on top then?" He asks, and I nod.

"Yes, you're going to kill me if you're on top." I say, smacking his hands away and glancing at the laptop screen to see which pose we're doing. Reed takes the spot with his hands and knees on the floor and I gape at the screen, but move over behind him and position my hands on his back. "How do I even do this?" I ask, screwing my face up in confusion. "Just hurry up!" He rushes. "I'm scared! What if I break your back?" I cry, glancing at the computer again. I was supposed to balance myself on his back with just my hands, my legs tucked up into my chest in the air.