21

"No, he didn't." I denied, shaking my head. "Noah's a prankster, but he wouldn't vandalize. You're a liar." I accused, frowning up at him angrily. "Seriously, who did it? I know it wasn't Noah." I was rambling, and I knew I was. I didn't believe that it was Noah who'd done that, I couldn't. He'd never do that. He knew where to draw the line.

Reed leaned down, his nose brushing against mine, "What makes you think I'm lying?" He asked, warm breath fanning over my face. I stared into his eyes with a frown on my face, "I know Noah. I've known him for years, Reed, and he's done a lot of stupid shit but he'd never vandalize." I scoff, leaning my head back into the tree. He stared at me for a second, his jaw clenched, "Yeah, I was lying." He shrugged.

I threw the empty water bottle at his face as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, "God, why would you do that?! Please, who did it? Seriously, this time." I huffed, watching as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it, shoving the cigarette pack and lighter back into his pocket. He raised the stick to his mouth and I hated to admit it, but he looked hot. His lips were plump and pink, wrapping lightly around the cigarette as he breathed it in before leaning down towards me as he pulled the cigarette away from his mouth and slowly blew the smoke into my face.

I awkwardly backed away, my spine pushing into the tree as my cheeks flushed at the proximity of his face to mine. He had an amused look on his face, "Are you blushing?" He teased, raising the cigarette to his mouth again. I shook my head, watching the soft raising of his chest as he inhaled, "N-No! I'm just...cold." I lied, and he quirked up a brow. "No?" He hummed, and I nodded in confirmation. "That's what I said."

Reed suddenly straddled me and I jerked in surprise, slamming the back of my head into the tree bark. I yelped in pain, my hand coming to the pained area as he stared at me with the cigarette dangling from his lips. His hand came up, his fingers grazing along the skin of my neck and over my chin before landing on my lips. His thumb brushed over my bottom lip, pulling it down as his gaze was locked intensely on my mouth.

My breath caught in my throat as I gripped the blades of grass in my hands, and he pulled back with the tiniest smirk on his face. "You get so flustered so easy. You're so fun to fuck with." He chuckled, standing up off of me as he checked his phone while blowing out a puff of smoke. I scrambled up with a blush in my cheeks, clearing my throat awkwardly.

"Don't mock me!" I snapped, "Just..take me home." I sighed. He rolled his eyes as we headed back towards the school area, trying to act as casual as possible as we walked down the street, Reed with a backpack at eleven PM.

Reed was close enough to me that I could smell something soft on him, something sweet with a light scent. It was faint, only able to smelled every few seconds before I subtly tried to scoot a little closer to him, wanting to know what the scent was. It smelled familiar but it was so faint that I couldn't smell it strongly or long enough to tell what it was.

My hip pushed against his, making him notice that I was now much closer to him than I had been a few moments ago. He jerked away from me like I had a disease, shooting me a weird look, "Why the hell are you so close?" He frowned. I tossed him a weird look back, "I'm literally just walking. I haven't moved anything except my feet." I lied, and he lets it go. I only move away a little bit, my hip barely brushing against his as I walk beside him to his car.

I carefully lean my head closer to his shoulder, sniffing him quietly. His head whips over to me and he shoves me a little, "What the fuck.." He starts, "Are you doing?" I pause, "Um...Allergies?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

He stares at me, eyes narrowed in suspicion, "You were sniffing me, you fucking creep." He states. "Why?" He asks, raising a brow. I shook my head as I pulled open the passenger's door and climbed in, "I wasn't. I had allergies." I shrug, staring at him with a completely serious expression on my face. It wasn't that good of a lie but I was sticking to it, even if he didn't believe me. Reed begins to pull on his seatbelt, glancing down at the buckle to see the slot and I take the opportunity he's just given me.

I don't have my seatbelt buckled yet, so naturally I jump out of my seat like a bunny on crack and directly into his lap, but I accidentally knee him in the crotch on the way. Reed hisses in pain and plants his hands onto both sides of my waist, roughly shoving my back into the steering wheel as he cradles his balls. "Why would you do that?!" He groans.

"I-I'm so sorry! I forgot you had balls!" I exclaimed. Reed glares at me, "What, did you forget I've got a dick, too?!" He snaps, and I begin roughly shaking my head. "No, no! It was an accident, I swear. I didn't mean to crack your nuts!" I cried.

All of a sudden, Reed narrows his eyes at something behind me and I frown in confusion, going to turn around to see what he was staring so intently at. He stops me before I can, though, shaking his head in such a slight little movement that I barely even catch it and I'm directly in front of him. "What is it? Is there a murderer?" I whisper, panicking.

He shoots me a deadpan look, "No, idiot. There's a shit ton of those guards from the school and they're coming over." He mumbles.