34

Reed was gone by the time I woke the next morning.

I was nervous to see him, not knowing if we'd actually done that last night. I could practically still see his head between my thighs, but I didn't know if I had dreamed that.

I actually didn't see him up until Monday morning, at school. I only saw him a few times throughout the day up until I had PE class with him, where I was actually a little surprised to see that he had showed up. I don't know if I was more surprised by that or the fact that he had some girl pressed against the wall, their lips attached. I realized a few seconds later that it was the same girl he was making out with a few weeks ago, when we'd met by the front office.

I awkwardly looked away, taking seat against the wall beside Noah. He instantly seemed to notice that something was off and stared intently at me, eyes narrowed. "Why do you look like that?" He asked, voice hushed. I gave him an offended look, "Like what? You've really got to work on your flattery, Noah, I mean, really." I joked, trying to divert the conversation into a different direction.

"I know what you're trying to do, but it's not going to work with me. What's wrong? You look upset about something." He states, but I shake my head with a reassuring smile. "Nothing's wrong. Probably just my resting bitch face." I shrug. He doesn't look the slightest bit impressed by my excuse as he rolls his eyes. "You're a shit liar. Tell me." He presses, brows furrowed as he stares at me.

I glanced down at my hands, not wanting to tell him anything. I wasn't even a hundred percent sure that last night had happened. It wasn't unusual for me to dream things, usually not things like that, and for them to not have actually happened. I didn't want to ask Reed about it, nor did I want to talk to Noah about it. What if it had just been a figment of my imagination?

At this point, I don't know if it'd be worse that it had happened or that it hadn't.

On one hand, if it had, then Reed was truly an asshole. On the other hand, if it hadn't, then that meant some part of me saw him as way more than a friend and if he found out I dreamt of him that way, I'd never hear the end of it.

I looked back up at Noah, "I started my period. That's all." I blurted, and his nose instantly scrunched up in disgust as an uncomfortable look took over his face. "Oh.." He said awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah." I shrugged, nodding my head. He smiled uncomfortably, as if my period was some sort of thing he'd never heard of. I rolled my eyes, "You're an idiot. It's just a period, Noah." I snorted.

"Yeah...Right." He muttered, "Periods are gross." He mumbled, glancing down at the laminated hardwood floor. I raised a brow, "Wow, thank you. That's totally my fault." I remarked sarcastically, scoffing at him. "You're gross too, ya know, but I keep that to myself, so I'd appreciate it if you did the same for my period." I huffed.

"You turn into a mega bitch on your period, you know." He declares, raising a brow at me. I glare at him, "Well, I'm sure you wouldn't exactly be in the best of moods if you had blood pouring out of your dick hole, huh?" I point out, giving him a challenging look to deny that. He paused and then nodded, "Fair point." He agreed.

The rest of the day passed relatively quickly and I headed home, this time actually catching the bus on time. Reed and I hadn't spoken all day, hell he hadn't even spared me any glances. However, I had seen him with that same girl several times throughout the day, particularly trying to swallow her tongue. It was driving me crazy that I didn't know if we'd done anything.

I was walking down the sidewalk, seeing my house come into view slowly when I noticed something. My eyes narrowed and I frowned in confusion, seeing a car that didn't belong to my mother or any of my friends was currently sat in the middle of my driveway. I then realized who it belonged to.