24

I go back to the tub, filling it with water again as I glance at him over my shoulder. "What'd you break into my house for, anyways? Surely not to make fun of my so called granny panties, which are not even granny panties, by the way." I turn off the water and Reed snorts.

"Are you sure about that? Whoever told you that was lying." He states, and I send him a glare, "Hanes told me that they were bikini cut!" I snapped. "They just were different than it said." I mumbled, beginning to wash the mud off of Cookie again.

He paused, "So...they lied, then." He sounds amused, smug even and I roll my eyes, "Fine, yes, they lied!" I huffed. "I don't mind, though. They're not the cutest but they're comfortable." I shrug, the water beginning to become murky once again. "Aren't granny panties the ones that go up to your belly button?" Reed asks. I hesitate, frowning, "Umm...I think. Yeah, mine are the ones that go to my belly button but I dunno." I say.

Cookie begins trying to run away and I jolt as a lot of the muddy water splashed out of the tub, some hitting the floor and some hitting against my chest. "Cookie!" I groaned, grabbing her and pulling her back towards me. She began shaking in my arms, trying to dry herself as she flung dirty water all over me. I flinched away, my face scrunching up in disgust, "Stop it!" I pleaded, her tiny body moving as she tried to run, her wet legs moving through the air.

Her nails were scratching against my forearm, only leaving small red marks before I placed her back in the water, flicking my arms out around me to get the water off. I knew trying to dry my arms on my shirt wouldn't do anything, as my shirt was now damp with water. I glared at Cookie, watching her as she ran wildly through the water, actually getting a lot of the mud off.

I decided to let her continue before I drained the tub, knowing I'd need a shower since I was now covered in dirty water and also had bits of mud on me. I grabbed a towel out of the closet and threw it in Reed's face, who managed to catch it once it fell away. He stared at me, confused as I came to a stop in front of him with an irritated expression on my face.

"I need you to dry her and just bring her in my room when you're done. I'm gonna shower." I muttered, stomping out of the bathroom and into my bedroom. I grabbed a new large shirt and pair of panties before entering the bathroom, flicking on the light as I shut and locked the door. I itched my collarbone as I turned on the water, pulling off my clothes while it heated up.

I heard a knock on my bathroom door and nearly ignored it, ready to get in the shower, but decided not to. "What?!" I yelled, and I could hear Reed's voice replying, but I didn't know what he was saying, his voice muffled from the running water. "I can't hear you!" I yelled, "Go away!" I said. He knocked again, several more times and I groaned in annoyance, grabbing a towel and wrapping myself in it before I opened the door, frowning, "What?" I sighed.

"Where do you keep your towels?" He asked. I stared at him for a second, "I just gave you one." I stated, and he paused, "Well, about that..." He trailed, looking away from me for a second, "I might've dropped it in the toilet." He admits.

I frown, brows furrowed as I shake my head, "Y-You...What? You know what, I don't want to know." I muttered, leaving my bathroom door open as I head back into the guest bathroom with Reed trailing behind me.

"Okay..." I sighed, dragging him over to the closet by his wrist and yanking open the door. I walked in and he just stared after me while I pushed up onto my tippy toes, reaching up to the top shelf and slowly nudging the towel closer to me with my nails. I then handed him it, "They're in there." I stated, closing the door. "I'm leaving to shower now." I announce, heading back into my bathroom.

I lock the bathroom door and place my dry towel on the sink, stepping into the shower since I know it's already warm. I must've turned it up higher than I'd thought because the second the water touched my skin, I shrieked and jerked forward more without any thought, slamming my head into the wall.

I hurriedly turned the heat down, sighing in relief as I rubbed my head, letting the water wet my hair. I took a relatively quick shower, as I only had to wash my body and shampoo and condition my hair since I'd already shaved today. I stepped out when I finished, goosebumps spreading over me the second the cold air hit my skin as I grabbed my towel and began drying myself.

I slipped on my underwear and then my shirt, beginning to fling my wet hair through the air after I hung my towel up to dry. When my hair was only damp instead of dripping wet, I stopped and left the bathroom, turning off the bathroom light.

The second Reed saw me, his eyes diverted to my shirt and he raised his brows, "What in the hell are you wearing?" He asked. I glanced down at my red shirt with a picture of the head of a blackbear that was wearing glasses and a white hat. "What's wrong with it?" I asked, frowning. He scoffed, "I think the easier question to answer would be what isn't." He states, looking at my shirt with disgust.

"My mom got me this shirt." I say proudly, feeling a little hurt as I glanced back down at it. "What seventeen year old girl wears that," He points at my shirt, "In front of a guy when they're alone at her house?" He snorts. I place my hands on my hips as I narrow my eyes at him, "One that doesn't plan on fucking the guy, nor does she care about what he thinks." I huff. "Besides, I love this shirt." I defend.

"You need to burn it." He says casually, leaning back against my pillows. "Okay, why are you here? Because if it's to give me pajama tips, I don't want them." I snap, glaring at him as I sit on the end of my bed.

"You figured out who cut the wires yet?" He asked, cocking his head. I shake my head, frowning at him. "How am I supposed to? You didn't even give me any clues. Can't you just tell me?" I sigh. "It's a friend of yours." He says after a second, eyes locked on me. I roll my eyes, "Yeah, okay, sure. You already tried that. Seriously, who did it?" I frowned. I expect his expression to change, even the slightest bit, but it doesn't this time.

"I'm being serious. I want you to tell me, Leila," He trails off, "Who do you think it was?" He hums.

I shake my head furiously, "Stop doing that, dammit! I know my friends and I know what things they'd do and this? No, they wouldn't vandalize." I deny, not even giving him the light of day. "Are you sure?" He asks, sitting up straighter. "Are you sure you know them? Really, do you? Let's say it was one of them. Who would you expect?" He continues, one of his legs swinging off of my bed as he leans closer, his foot resting against my hardwood floor.

"None of them." I hiss, sending a glare. He tsks me quietly, leaning into my pillows again, "I never said it was one of the five you hangout with, you know." He states after a second.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't have any other friends, idiot." I scoffed. Reed just snorted in response.