23

I never got to figure out who was on the cameras, or what that soft scent on Reed was, both of which I was curious to know. It was Sunday now and I'd completely skipped the party yesterday, I admit.

After what happened Friday night, I felt Reed was mad at me, though I didn't even do anything. I was just doing what he'd told me but for some reason, he was angry with me. I didn't want to see him because of not only that, but also because I felt it'd be awkward after grinding my crotch on his in the front seat of his car.

I mean, what was I supposed to say? Was I even supposed to say anything? He had said we'd never speak of it again, after all. I'll just pretend like nothing ever happened in the car.

I was currently lounging in my backyard with Jack and Cookie as they ran around, well as Jack was running around. Cookie, however, was just plopped in the middle of the backyard and playing in the mud. It had rained yesterday, so it was pretty muddy now and Cookie was not only muddy but she was also wet with water.

I was laying out on my back in a large black tee-shirt that reached my knees and my underwear, staring up at the night sky as the stars twinkled and the moon shined brightly. My hair sprawled over the edge of the little bed, dangling and blowing in the breeze while I laid my arms against the cold metal edges of the seat.

I closed my eyes and didn't think about anything for a second, stretching my legs and then I felt it. Something tugged on the length of my hair while a tongue licked at my face and I peaked an eye open, feeling Jack's breath blowing against the side of my face. Another round of tugs on my hair occurs and I groan, going to move my head up but I feel a weight attached to my hair.

I glance down and see Cookie jumping around on the concrete and into the grass, my hair in her mouth. I try to pull away but she keeps a tight bite on my hair, growling as she connects her gaze with mine. I shove her lightly and she goes tumbling into the grass, rolling around in the mud some more.

Jack has already ran up to the porch by now, while I crawl over to the very edge of the bed and reach off, scooping Cookie up into one hand. "Nice granny panties." I hear Reed snort and I scream in surprise, stumbling into the table as I hurry off the lounge. I glance up at him while hurriedly pulling my shirt down to its regular length, "Why are you..How did you get into my house?" I gaped at him.

"Credit card." He shrugs. I shuffle awkwardly and move past him, Cookie in hand against my chest. I knew I was going to need to give her a bath, as she was muddy and gross. Mom would kill me if I just left her like that, but only after I washed her.

I went to close my backdoor in his face, but he stops me and shoves it open, stepping inside. "You're acting weird. Well, more than normal." He states, closing the backdoor. I clutch Cookie to my chest, stepping back as I shake my head, "I-I'm not! I'm fine." I deny, and he raises a brow. "Are you?" He asks, clearly disbelieving. I head upstairs to the bathroom with Cookie in my hands, Jack and Reed following behind me.

I enter the bathroom that's in the hallway beside my bedroom and set Cookie in the tub before heading over to the sink. I open the cabinet beneath the sink, bending over and grabbing the dog shampoo from out of the cabinet before closing it. I sit on the edge of the bathtub and plug the drain before running the water and then standing, letting the tub fill while I grabbed a washcloth.

I shut off the water when it reaches her chest, not wanting it to get up too high on her. I'd tried to give Jack a bath before, several times actually, but he was terrified of water. He was a dog my mom and I took from my uncle a little over a year ago but he'd never had a bath before, so he was scared of water. Being in it, at least. I also couldn't pick him up, as he was a hundred pounds.

Cookie was jumping about the water, splashing around and leaving the water a murky brown from the mud. I knew I'd have to drain the tub a few times before I'd be finished. I began cleaning her, wetting her fur and trying not to get any soap in her eyes as I scrubbed lightly. The mud was luckily not dry, so while it was coming off easy, it was also sticking to the washcloth a little.

"You know, I think I prefer it when you'd talk to me instead of pretending like I'm not here." Reed spoke up, making me remember he was still here. I didn't look at him but kept my gaze on Cookie as I said, "What do you want me to talk about, then?" He paused for a second, the room silent except for the sounds of the water sloshing and my hands moving to wash off the mud.

"We need to talk about what happened Friday, apparently." He muttered. I raised a brow as I glanced at him over my shoulder, "I thought you never wanted to speak of that." I reminded, and he sighed. "I didn't. Still don't, but clearly you're feeling awkward about it." He muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Well, my bad." I drawled sarcastically, turning back towards Cookie. "Yeah, you're right. It is your bad. I don't see why you're so fucking affected by it. Nothing even happened." He scoffed, again sounding angry. "Well, you're affected by it, too! Why else would you be so mad?" I retorted, pulling up the drain plug so the water could drain.

"'Cause I knew you'd be like this! God, why do you have to be such a prude? You're acting like we fucked and all you did was grind on me a couple times." He snaps, and I roll my eyes, standing up and heading to the sink to clean the washcloth. "I am not! I..I don't know. I'm just not comfortable with things like that, especially considering I don't...participate in sexual activities." I said awkwardly. "Not to mention that it was with you, and you hate my guts." I pointed out.

He stares at me, his eyes connecting with mine in the mirror with a frown on his face. "Okay. How about we put that little incident behind us, then. Let's just pretend it never happened, okay? It'll never happen again." He negotiated. I chew on my lip, looking down at the washcloth as I clean the mud off it before I turn around after shutting off the sink.

"Okay. It's a deal." I agreed, nodding. "It never happened and will never again."