28

"Absolutely not." He denies, scoffing. I frown, "Do you know how many injuries I got from your stupid yoga? You are going to let me paint on you." I insist, placing my hand on my hip. He shakes his head, "I am not, actually." He says stubbornly, and I sigh in annoyance but mumble out, "Fine."

"You go to that party tomorrow night, and you can paint on me." He negotiates. I perk up and nod eagerly, clapping my hands together. "Deal!" I exclaim, tossing my hair over my shoulder. I went to go put on something to watch but Reed grips my elbow, shaking his head, "Let's go do something. I'm bored." He says. I shake his hand off and frown, "Like what?" I ask, checking my phone. "It's like, eight o'clock. Almost nine." I point out.

"Don't worry about that." He says vaguely, "Put on something comfortable." He instructs and I look down at myself. "Done." I shrug. I was just wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a black tank top, so I quickly pulled on a pair of socks and some shoes before following Reed downstairs, who was still shirtless, by the way.

"You plan on putting on a shirt any time soon?" I ask as we jog down the stairs, and he shakes his head while opening the front door. "No, do you plan on being quiet any time soon?" He retorts while I shut and lock the door, making me roll my eyes. "Whatever." I mumble, following him over to his car and getting in the passengers seat. He starts up the car and I pull on my seatbelt, "Really, where are we going?" I ask, frowning in confusion.

He keeps driving, not bothering to answer. When he stops at wherever we were going, it's completely dark and there's nobody around. I bite my lip, nervously picking at my sweats. "Reed, where are we?" I asked quietly, looking over at him. He seems to pick up on the nerves I'm feeling, his eyes connecting with mine, "We're not there yet. C'mon." He says, stepping out of the car. I get out, quietly shutting the door and he locks the doors, nodding for me to follow him.

I trail closely behind him, not wanting to be too far. I was a little confused when he dragged me into the forest, noticing he had two flashlights in his hand. "We're just playing hide and seek, Leila. Don't look so scared." He chuckles, and I relax a little. "Here, take this." Reed says, handing one of the flashlights to me before turning on his. "I'll be it first, since I dragged you out here." He offers. I begin to leave when he closes his eyes, counting aloud as he leans against a tree. I end up hiding behind a tree, hearing him call out that he's looking now. The more I start to see his flashlight, the further into the woods I move.

I end up coming across a large field that is littered with small flowers, the grass lush and green. I was so entranced I didn't even pay attention to how close Reed was anymore, instead my eyes fell on the little lake that was sat in the middle of the field. The moon reflected off the water as the wind blew, sending small ripples through the water and distorting the reflection of the moon. I sat down in the grass, only a little ways away from the lake as I kicked off my shoes and pulled off my socks. I decided I liked it here, way more than my backyard.

"I don't think you know how hide and seek works." I heard Reed remark, his body plopping down beside me.

"I liked this more." I admit, watching the sway of the grass as I lean back onto my hands. "Are you saying I'm boring?" He asks, sounding offended. I laugh, "No, no! Just that this appealed more to me." I shrug. "Me too, actually." He agrees, his biceps flexing as he leans back beside me, his head tilted up towards the sky. He looked pretty, his hair still a little damp with the soft light the moon provided shining down against his skin. It was no secret how good looking he was.

I hated it, honestly. I wondered why he couldn't have an ugly face to at least make it to where I wasn't attracted to him.

"Stop staring at me. It's creepy." Reed muttered, peeking one eye open at me. I scoffed even though my cheeks heated, hoping it was dark enough that he couldn't see my blush. "I wasn't staring!" I deny, to which he snorts. "Well, I don't know what you call it but you were staring." He retorts. "Shut up." I mumble, not having any response. I knew I was staring, clearly so did he.

"How are you not cold?" I ask, my eyes drifting to his bare torso. "It's not cold." He shrugs. "Let's agree to disagree." I shrug, laying back on my back and staring up at the sky.

It was quiet for a second, "Want to get in the lake?" Reed asks, and I glance at him. "Firstly, that water is probably freezing. Secondly, who knows what's in that water?" I cock an eyebrow, and he points his thumb towards himself. "This guy. I've been out here before. I used to go in the lake all the time, it's perfectly safe." He assures. "Still, no. That water is definitely cold." I say, to which he rolls his eyes, turning on his side to face me. "Boring!" He exclaims, faking a yawn.

I glare at him, "I am not!" I huff, offended. "Prove it. Get in." He says, nodding towards the water. I stare at the water, unsettled. "But it's gonna be cold." I groan, to which he shrugs. "C'mon! You need to embrace that wild side you stuffed away." He urges, and I shake my head, biting my lip. "Do it." He stands up, staring down at me expectantly. "But..." I trail off, never finishing my sentence.

"I'll throw you in myself if I have to. You're getting in either way." He says, shrugging like it doesn't matter to him. I don't doubt his words so I sigh as I sit up, grabbing the bottom of my tank top and glancing up at him to find his eyes locked on my hands. "Don't look!" I exclaim.

I pull off my tanktop, dropping it on the grass before shimmying out my sweatpants, leaving them on the grass beside my top. I approach Reed's back, lightly gripping onto his shoulders as I turn him around, facing where I was stood. "Don't look until I say." I say, releasing him and then hurrying past him. I place my toe into the water, gasping when I realize how cold it was. I have to force myself to get in, shivering a little before glancing up at Reed's figure, seeing him just as I left him.

"You can come in now." He drops his hands at my words and then his sweats, leaving him in nothing but his Calvin Klein boxers. He comes barreling in, doing a cannonball and nearly landing on top of me in the process, but I manage to move out of the way in time. He pops back up, blinking his eyes open with his wet hair slicked back out of his face. Before I can do anything, his palm rests on the top of my head and he pushes me beneath the water for a split second before letting me pop back up, spluttering and coughing up water.

"What the hell, man?" I snap, splashing him in the eyes.

"I was wetting your hair!" He defends, splashing me back. "Quit splashing me!" I yell, splashing him again. "Well, you quit it first!" He says childishly, and I glare at him, swimming away. I was a little surprised by how clear the water was, honestly. I could see straight through to the bottom, letting me know that there was indeed no creatures in the water.

Reed only follows after me, taking glances at my chest every few seconds until I reach up, flicking him in the eye. He flinches away, screwing his eye shut, "Ow!" He yelps, "What the hell was that for?!" He exclaims. I shrug, "You kept looking at my boobs." I said simply, slowly wading my arms through the water around me. "Well, it's not my fault! Have you seen those things? They're like the size of cantaloupes, so it's a little hard to ignore them!" He defends.

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment, and I slap my hands to my cheeks, "Shut up!" I say, glancing away from him awkwardly. "Not to mention your tits are wet, and fuck, tits are hot when they're wet." He takes more glances between my chest and my face, lingering on my chest more than my face. I force his head to look up at my eyes, glaring, "Stop it!" I exclaim, feeling like my whole face was just lit on fire.

"This is why I didn't want to get in here with you. You're so...dirty!" I huff, shaking my head. "So, you never told me your way of getting un-suspended was to beat the shit out of Normani." I said, quickly changing the conversation. He averts his attention back to my face, "What? How'd you find out?" He frowns while I roll my eyes. "I saw him earlier today. They didn't punish him very long. Only until today." I explain, to which his mouth pops open.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"