14

I forced Reed to sleep in the guest room across from my room, deciding to lock my bedroom door in case he decided to come murder me in my sleep.

My mom came home a while later after I put Reed to bed, and she instantly stumbled into her room to go to sleep. I knew she was tired, just like always. She was a doctor, so she worked long shifts and was almost always on call when not in the building. I hated it sometimes but loved her with my whole heart. I knew she worked hard to give me the life I had and I was nothing but grateful for that.

I tucked my mom in properly, as I always did, and turned off her bedroom light after I kissed her cheek. "I love you, Lei." Mom said softly, her eyes barely open and I smiled at her, "I love you too, Mom. Goodnight." I whispered, heading out of her room and closing the door quietly.

I headed back to my bedroom and Reed was casually sat on my bed, looking sober now. I stared at him, "Can I help you?" I asked, placing my hands on my hips. I closed my bedroom door softly, not wanting to disturb mom from her sleep. "I can't sleep." He sighed, "That room gives me weird vibes." He muttered. I raised a brow at him, "Didn't seem to give you weird vibes when you tried to kill me in it the other day." I retort, crossing my arms.

"Well, it does now." He snaps, and I roll my eyes. "What do you expect me to do about that?" I scoffed. He pauses, looking up at me, "Can I stay in here?" He mumbles. I sigh and flick off the light, turning on the TV and muting it. He sends me a weird look but doesn't say anything as I crawl onto my bed, taking a body pillow and placing it between us. "You move this and I'll move you to the floor." I state, reaching off my bed and patting Jack's head before laying down.

I feel a little awkward sleeping in the same bed as Reed, so much that I don't even have it in me to take off my bra before I go to sleep, which I normally always do. But he set me on edge all the time, making me leave it on as I rolled onto my side.

I don't know when I drifted off but when I woke to get ready for school, Reed was already gone so I headed into my bathroom after grabbing a towel and stepped in once I'd removed my clothes. I shaved and then washed and conditioned my hair, having to gather it all on top of my head to lather it in completely. I washed my body and then stood there for a little while, not really thinking but just standing under the hot water as I stared up at the ceiling.

I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself, brushing my teeth before I went to put on clothes. The cold air nipped at my skin and I spit the toothpaste out of my mouth before brushing my tongue, then I mouthwashed and flossed before leaving my bathroom. I glanced up for a second and there was Reed, sitting on my bed.

At first, it didn't process that I'd just seen Reed and I simply started over to my dresser before I paused halfway and glanced over at Reed again. "What are you still doing here?!" I shrieked, "I thought you left!" I clutched my towel to myself, and he rolled his eyes, "Chill out. I was just raiding your pantry and fridge." He shrugs. "That's nice. Really, great. Now, can you get out for a minute?" I ask awkwardly, shuffling on my feet.

"No." He says bluntly, and then he leans back into my pillows, fixing his eyes onto me intently. I carefully sit on my knees in front of my dresser, pulling out a bra and pair of underwear. I avoid looking at Reed as I rush into my closet, slamming the door and flicking on the light before dropping my towel and slipping on my undergarments. I was looking for my uniform before I realized I'd left it in the dryer after washing it yesterday.

I sighed and reluctantly popped my head out of my closet, drawing Reed's attention to me. "Can you please get me my uniform from the dryer? The laundry room is at the very end of the kitchen." I said. He rolled his eyes but went and grabbed my uniform, tossing it at my face. It fell to the floor and I blinked stupidly, awkwardly lowering my body to the floor to grab my clothes. I closed the door and slipped on my skirt first, making sure it wasn't too low or too high on me.