12

"Shit." He breathes, and then I hear something hit the wall. I pause but it doesn't come again. "What was that?" I whisper. "My head." He says, the sound of his shoes shuffling against the floor seeming louder than it is.

I can hear their footsteps pass us but we don't leave yet, deciding to sit still for another few minutes to be sure. When nothing is heard except the sound of our breathing, we leave the closet, carefully shutting the door once again. We race as quickly but also as quietly as possible to room 246, and right when we're about to turn into the room, I hear a male yell.

I freeze and Reed slams into me, knocking me to the floor. I gasp and yelp, "Oh, fuck." I panic, pushing him off as three pairs of footsteps are heard rushing down the hallway towards the classroom we're in.

I slam the door and lock it, yanking Reed up off of the floor and over to the broken window. They were banging on the door by now before they tried to open it, the doorknob jiggling wildly as I lifted myself up onto the windowsill before Reed. I felt Reed's hands brush against my inner thighs and I gasped, jerking forward.

"What are you doing?!" I shriek, kicking my leg back. "Shut up and go!" He yells in response. I tremble in frustration, "I'm stuck!" I whine, hitting the brick wall.

Half of my body was hung out of the window, my butt facing Reed and my ribs painfully being dug into by the bricks. "My God. Are you fucking kidding me? Of all the days you had to get stuck!" He hisses, and I try to push myself out with my palms flat against the brick wall. "Help me!" I cry, hanging my head in shame.

Reed firmly places his hands on my ass and I almost start to yell at him for touching me there, but stop myself. "Why'd you have to pick literally the smallest window in existence to go through?!" I yell, and Reed squeezes my butt with one hand, pushing me with both. "Stop squeezing my butt!" I gasp.

"Why do you have to have such a fat ass?!" He bellows in response, shoving at my butt more. I huff, "It's not my fault!" I cry, and his hands are suddenly gone. I can hear the teachers yelling on the other side of the door still, before one of them says, "Get the fucking key, idiot!" All at once, Reed suddenly rams at my butt with his shoulder and I yelp in surprise, but move a little. "Wait! Do that again, it's working!" I cheer.

He squeezes my butt for a split second before ramming his shoulder at me again and I fall out of the window with a shriek, covering my head before I hit the ground. Reed slips out the window easily, hauling me over his shoulder with his hand resting on my butt as he practically sprints to his car. "Put me down!" I yell, and he shrugs, digging his shoulder into my ribs.

He sets me on my feet and I take off beside him to his car, ripping my mask off the second we're unable to be seen by any cameras. "Why'd you grab my butt so many times?!" I snap, and he shrugs, "It was there." He said. I send him a glare, "I don't care how there it is, don't do it again." I hiss. He rolls his eyes, "Did you want me to just leave you there or what?" He asks, and I frown. He pulls me to a stop and shoved me behind a tree, standing in front of me.

"No." I mumble. "That's what I fucking thought." He scoffs, yanking off his own mask. "Why'd we stop here?" I ask, breathing heavily. He turns me around, pointing over my shoulder as three teachers were seen hauling ass down the sidewalk, towards where Reed's car was parked. "That's why." He mutters. "Oh." I breathe, leaning on the tree as I try to catch my breath.

"Your stupid fat ass almost got us caught, you know." He snaps, and I flip him the finger, "It wasn't my fault." I mumble. "Oh? So it was me who got their ass stuck in a window?" He asks, raising a brow. I roll my eyes, standing straight again.

"Can you just take me home? My mom is going to be home soon." I sigh, and he snorts. "You're such a good-girl." He mutters, but we begin walking back to his car nonetheless. "I am not. I just broke into a building with you. Three times, actually." I scoff. Reed stares at me, "That doesn't mean you're a bad-girl or anything, stupid. You invented your own fucking curfew. You're a good-girl." He's amused again, rolling his eyes.

I frown a little, "There's nothing wrong with being good, you know." I said softly, watching my shoes as I walk over the spaces of the sidewalk. "You're a prude, too." He notes, ignoring my statement. "There's nothing wrong with that, either." I snap, annoyed. "So..Are we able to search through deleted footage on the cameras? At the school, I mean." I ask, changing the topic.

Reed glances down at me, "You want to go back there? Are you literally insane?" He scoffs, and I frown. "Just answer my question." I sigh, opening the passenger door while he opens the drivers door. "Yes, I can. Now answer mine. Are you seriously suggesting we go back there and search through their security tapes?" He asks, beginning the drive back to my house.

"Well, I don't know what else you expect us to do. We might have addresses and names but at the end of the day, Reed, that's it. That's all we have. There's a reason that Ms. Scott framed you, ya know." I note, raising a brow at him and he furrows his brows. "And what is it?" He asked, glancing at me for a split second before returning his focus to the road. I play with the papers that have the names and addresses written on them for a second, creasing them with the sharpness of my nails.

"It's the cameras, Reed. Whoever did it, they're on there and they're on there good enough that she was worried about them getting in trouble. She knew they'd get in trouble." I glance up at him, "If they had been disguised or hidden enough that it wouldn't be possible for anyone to tell who was on that camera, there'd have been no point in framing you." I shrug, leaning back in my seat.