13

"You make a good point for once in your life." Reed said as he pulled into my driveway, and I awkwardly smile in response, unbuckling my seatbelt. I step out, expecting Reed to already be gone when I get up to my front-door, but instead he's stood beside me. I jerk a little, not having noticed that he followed me. "Mother of all things holy, what are you doing? What are you still here for?" I frown, unlocking the door.

He doesn't answer me and follows me into my house, "I thought you had a...thing." I say awkwardly, not looking at him as I head up the stairs. He chuckles, "She can wait. Dumb bitch probably will, too." I frown, looking at him over my shoulder, "That's rude, you know. She's not a dumb bitch." I defend her, even though I don't know her.

He stares at me while I search through my dresser drawers for my pajamas, "Oh, please. She'd spread her legs for anything with a dick." He rolls his eyes. I glance up at him and place my hands on my hips, "That's her choice, and her body. Don't shame her for that, Reed. It doesn't involve nor concern you." I frown. "It does when one of the things she's spreading her legs for is my dick. I'd like to know where the cat has been before I take it in." He says.

I stare at him really hard, eyes narrowed in thought with pursed lips.

"Fair enough." I shrug, going back to searching through my dresser. "Where has yours been?" He has a teasing tone, and I frown, raising a brow at him. "I'm not talking with you about this, whatever this even is." I scoff. "Party pooper." He sighs, laying on my bed. I pull out a pajama set that consisted of a pair of shorts and a crop top, both with the same black and white striped pattern.

I head into the bathroom and change, leaving my clothes there to be picked up tomorrow morning. I enter my bedroom again, only to see Reed awkwardly sitting on his knees in the middle of my bed, Jack standing at the door and barking him with an unhappy look on his face. "Please control your beast!" Reed snaps. I smile a little, snapping my fingers and getting Jack's attention.

His black coat returns to normal, the hair no longer stood up in anger as he spots me and his tail begins wagging, trotting over to me. I lead Jack over to my bed, climbing on it beside Reed before patting my blanket. Jack jumps up and glances at Reed, clearly wary about him before he lays down with his head facing Reed, watching him closely.

Reed goes to pet him but I grip his hand, pushing his hand away with a shake of my head. "Not yet." I say softly. I pet the length of Jack's back for a few seconds, starting at the top of his head. I knew Jack, and I knew him well. He had a problem with males, and he has ever since I got him last year. It'd taken him months to get used to my brothers, and he's still a little skittish about them, even.

I can feel Reed's eyes on me, watching me intently as I quietly coo to Jack. After a few minutes, Jack is completely sprawled out on his side across my bare legs and I gesture for Reed to come closer, so he does. He awkwardly straddles my legs, his thighs pressing against my knees and I grip his hand, petting Jack's head with my other hand.

I press his hand against Jack's side, who jerks at the new contact and his eyes fly open, watching Reed out of the corner of his eye as he starts petting him. I can tell the two are both uneasy about the other, which is actually a little amusing to me. "What a good boy, Jack." I breathe, releasing Reed's hand and placing it on my mattress, leaning back on it.

"I've never had a dog." Reed mumbles, his brows furrowed as he stares at Jack.

I frown, "Why not?" I ask, and he shrugs. "I just..haven't. I dunno, really." He admits. "What's it like?" He asks, and suddenly Reed is relaxing in his spot, his hands pressing against my thighs. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me feel both distracted and uncomfortable. I start to have hip pain from the way I'm sitting so I lay back onto my bed, laying my head on my pillow. "It's nice, most of the time." I say.

"Sometimes Cookie poops on my moms walls or tries to bite my toes, but she's good. Jack sometimes gets too excited with Cookie and misinterprets how big he is, which leads to me having to yell at him before he eats her, but he's good. I can tell when he's actually trying to hurt her, which doesn't happen much." I say, my hands laid beside my head. "It doesn't get as lonely as it used to be without them." I close my eyes, a wave of fatigue hitting me hard but I try to ignore it.

Reed and I were getting along for once, and it felt like progress. I didn't want that to go away yet.

"Your legs are soft." He babbles, and I frown in confusion. He was acting really weird, and I quickly sat up when he trailed his hands higher up my thighs, "What are you doing? Are you okay?" I ask and he nods. "I'm great!" He exclaims.

I pat Jack's leg and he moves off of me, allowing to move closer to Reed in order to get a better look at his eyes and his face in general. He was acting drunk, but I hadn't seen him drink anything. I grip his face, noticing his eyes looked a little glossy. "Are you drunk?" I gape at him and he nods enthusiastically, "Yeah!" He cheers. "W-What? When did you even..?" I trail off, aghast.

"During the car-ride, stupid. I couldn't stand your stupid babble so I was taking sips when you weren't looking." He admits and I realize he's being serious. "What the hell is wrong with you?! You could've gotten one of us really hurt if you crashed!" I hiss. He rolls his eyes and shoves me back into my bed, "Shut up. You're fine and, more importantly, so am I." He sighs, and then his hands drop back down to my thighs.

"How far away do you live?" I ask, and he pauses, "Like an hour." He shrugs. I groan in annoyance, "Fine, you know what. Since you decided to be an idiot, you'll just stay here for tonight and then go home in the morning before school." I decide. "But I've got a threeway to participate in." He whines, "Two, Leila. Two girls at once. Fuck, that's so hot." He breathes, seeming to get turned on at the thought.

"Please stop." I squeak awkwardly, feeling my cheeks heat in embarrassment. Reed rolls his eyes, "Y-You are such a prude. God, I'm horny as fuck right now." He mutters. "You know, if...if I was you," He stops to hiccup, "I'd fuck me. I'd rail the hell out me." He nods. I blink, not expecting that before I raise a brow at him, "Humble." I mutter sarcastically.

It made sense to me now why we'd been getting along. He didn't like me, or want to be friends. He was just drunk.