29

"Nope, I'm not. You didn't know?" I cocked a brow, kicking my legs through the water. He shakes his head, frowning in anger, "No, I didn't fucking know! What the hell?" He scoffs. I shrug, "At least we let them know it was Normani and not you, so you didn't have to do two months suspension." I say, trying to make it better.

"That's the only reason I didn't have to! They suspend him for four days and were going to give me two months?!" He hisses, eyes narrowed in anger. I nod awkwardly, realizing it might've not been the best idea to bring this topic up. I'd just wanted him to stop staring at my chest but I think I almost preferred it to seeing him angry. "Stupid fucks." He mutters.

Again, I nod awkwardly, sinking down beneath the water.

I close my eyes, the water warm against my face and I stay there for a few minutes, right up until I feel a grip on my hair. Reed yanks me up, my chest pushing against his as my eyes widen in surprise and I place my hands on his shoulders, "What are you doing?!" I exclaim, the cold air washing over my skin. "Fuck! You scared the shit out of me." He scoffs, dropping one of his hands down to my waist.

I push away from him as much as I can, blinking rapidly, "Right back at ya." I snort. "Let's play marco polo." I gasp, perking up as he lowers me back into the water with a shrug and a nod. "I'll be it!" I exclaim, screwing my eyes shut and beginning to spin in circles a bunch of times before stopping. "Marco!" I call, and his voice rings out from somewhere behind me, "Polo!"

I spin around, swimming towards the area with one of my hands out and I try to listen to the water, just to see if I can tell where he's at or if he's moving, but I can't. "Marco!" I repeat, waving my arms in front of me like an idiot. "Polo!" He says back, from what sounds like my right, so naturally I begin swimming that way. "Marco!" I call again, still waving my arms except a little less wildly. "Polo!" He repeats, sounding closer this time, so I speed up.

"Marco!" I grin, getting a little excited when I hear his voice closer again as he says, "Polo!" I was in the middle of waving my arms around, probably looking like one of those weirdly colored tube men you'd see at a car dealership, "Marco! Mar-" I was cut off when my hand roughly came into contact with skin, and I heard a grunt. "Fuck! Polo!" My hands come up, patting up his chest carefully, "Reed?" I ask.

"No, this is Patrick." He says.

I can't help but to laugh, my nails digging into his shoulders before I move away, "Okay, you're it." I state, swimming backwards away from him and watching as he spins in a circle five times before stopping. "Marco!" He calls, and I smile a little, "Polo!" I call back, carefully moving through the water when he begins coming towards me. "Marco!" He says not even a second later, still swimming towards me. I ducked under the water, hearing his muffled voice repeatedly calling out Marco as I swam further away.

"Bitch, you gotta say polo!" I hear him yell, and I poke my head up from under the water, bursting into laughter as I say, "Polo!" I swim away on my back, leaning my head into the water as he repeatedly calls, "Marco! Marco!" I groan, "Polo!" I repeat, closing my eyes and floating on my back. It was silent for a second and I didn't bother to open my eyes, wading arms through the water.

It was quiet a little longer until I felt a hand on my boob and I screamed, my eyes shooting open as I smacked his hand away with wide eyes. "Marco!" Reed cackles, but then he coughs and chokes on water when I splash him in the face. "Don't do that!" I exclaim, blushing heavily. "You're it!" He says, ignoring what I said. I close my eyes and spin around a few times before pushing my hands out in front of me, "Marc- Reed, why are you still here?" I ask when my hand comes into contact with his abdomen.

"Oh! Redo." He exclaims, backing away while I roll my eyes and begin spinning in circles before coming to a stop. "Marco!" I call, and I could've sworn I heard a giggle, "Polo!" He yells from somewhere ahead of me. I swim forward with my arms out, "Marco!" I yell, but I don't get an answer. I wait for a second, keeping my eyes closed, "Marco!" I repeat. Again, there's no answer. "Reed! Stop playing around." I huffed, carefully reaching out all around the space surrounding me.

All of a sudden, I feel a grip on my ankle and I scream before I'm tugged underwater, kicking like a madman but then I feel a grip on my other leg, preventing me from moving either one. I want to open my eyes but I also don't know exactly how this water will affect my eyes, so I don't, right up until I feel fingertips brushing against the curve of my boob.

My eyes open underwater as I shove his hand away, trying to kick away, which I barely manage by kicking him in the shin. I swim up and gasp for air before Reed pops up beside me, "Why'd you kick me?!" He exclaims, glaring at me. My cheeks heated in embarrassment as I glared back, "You touched my boob!" I huff, to which he scoffs. "You're such a fucking prude. My fingers barely touched your tit!" He claims, throwing his hands in the air while I swim towards the edge of the lake with him behind me.

"I don't care if it was just a fucking skin flake off of my boob! You still did it!" I exclaimed, climbing out and gasping when the air hits me. "Holy fuck!" I squeak, goosebumps immediately spreading over my skin as I shiver. "It's cold as shit!" I say, practically shaking like a leaf as I stand there before realizing I'm only in my undergarments.

I glance back at Reed, whose eyes instantly dart away from my ass, "Can you turn around?" I ask awkwardly, and he nods without looking at me before turning around and facing away from me. I undo my bra and pull it off before slipping on my tank top, wishing now that I'd brought a long sleeved shirt instead. I make sure Reed isn't looking a second time before peeling off my underwear and pulling my sweatpants on hurriedly, grabbing my undergarments off the ground.

"Okay. I'm done." I announce, and he doesn't reply but wastes no time in hopping out. He gestures for me to look away and I do, clenching my eyes shut and covering them as I turn away from him. I can hear his boxers softly hit the grass, a deep blush coating my face before he says, "Okay, we can go now." He grabs the flashlights and the two of us head into the woods, undergarments in hand.

We make it back to my house around thirty minutes later and Reed and I glance at each other, already knowing what the other is thinking. "I call first shower!" I yell, already charging up the stairs. I don't even hear the front door close, instead I just hear his footsteps thundering after me. I run into my bedroom, not bothering to close the door as I rush into the bathroom.

I went to slam the door but Reed stopped it with his hand, pushing it open while I began shoving at his chest and digging my heels into the floor with force. "Reed! Out!" I whine, but he just raises a brow down at me with an unimpressed look on his face. "You're about as powerful as an ant." He states.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment because some people are deathly allergic to ants." I retort, placing my hands on my hips. He purses his lips and goes to move around me but I push him back, shaking my head. "Stop it! You took the shower from me earlier!" I exclaim, and his eyes narrow. "You really want the shower first?" He asks, raising a brow.

I nod curtly, crossing my arms over my chest. "Yes. It is my shower, after all." I huff. He shakes his head, "Too bad." He shrugs, dropping his hands to the waistband of his sweatpants.

At first I wasn't sure what he was doing, but then he began dragging them down his hips in a slow manner.