26

"Reed, get out!" I yell, trying to push him off of my bed, but all he does is roll over onto his stomach. "I hate you!" I hiss, smacking him on the back.

He doesn't even lift his head. "Right back at ya." He mutters into my pillows.

I scoot off my bed and grab his ankles, digging my heels into the floor as I began to tug him off. He grabs my headboard, his knuckles turning white as he just snorted at my lame attempt in getting him off my bed. "Fine! I give up!" I snap, letting go of his ankles and stomping over to my bedroom door to turn off the light.

I then flick on the tv and crawl into my bed, shooting a glare towards Reed. He only continues sifting through my sketchbook, his shirt a little raised up in the back. "Can you please move for a second?" I sigh, unable to lift my blankets from his weight.

He moves and I slip under the covers, pulling it over us and planting a big pillow between us. "Don't move this." I huff, jerking back when Jack jumps up on my bed and plops onto my legs. Reed tosses my sketchbook onto the floor and rolls onto his back, cuddling up to the pillow.

When I woke up the next morning, Reed was still asleep next to me, his lips parted and I rolled out of bed, my feet cold against the hardwood floor. I grab my undergarments and clothes before heading into the bathroom to take a shower, grabbing a towel out of the bathroom. I hopped in after letting the water heat and removing my clothes. I made sure it wasn't too hot this time before getting in.

I quickly wash my hair and body before reluctantly leaving the shower, drying off before slipping on my clothes. I leave the bathroom with my socks in hand and a towel wrapped around my head, holding up my wet hair. I close the bathroom door and glance over at Reed, only to see him still sleeping, except he rolled over the pillow barrier and is now in the spot I'd been sleeping.

I slip on my socks and Jack follows me when I quietly head into the hallway, walking into moms room. I get Cookie from her cage and take both the dogs outside, letting them go to the bathroom while I stand on the porch.

"Why do you have a beehive on your head?" I hear Reed ask, his voice husky as he leans his shoulder against the doorframe. "It's called a towel." I frown, "And why are you awake? I thought you were sleeping." I stated, turning back towards the backyard. I pull the towel off and my hair falls against my back, still dripping wet. I begin flinging my hair around, probably resembling a wet dog as my long hair whizzes through the air.

"I woke up, obviously. You're about the loudest person ever." He yawns, and I roll my eyes. "Yeah? Well, it was your choice to stay here. Hell, I tried to drag you out but you wouldn't, so I don't care how loud I was." I retorted. "You're very rude." He remarks. I almost laugh at the irony of his sentence, "Says you." I scoff.

"If you're staying at my house today, you should take care of the dogs. And don't touch my stuff or I'll cut your hands off." I threaten, to which he snorts in amusement. "Yeah, sure you will." He says, obviously aware of my empty threat. "Why would you think I'd stay at your house today?" He asks. I shrug, watching as Jack runs past me with Cookie in tow and into the house. "I dunno. I didn't think you'd be sleeping at my house again either, unless you were shitfaced drunk, but that happened." I point out.

"Touché." He hums as I shove him into the house, closing the door and locking it. "But no, I'm going to school today." He says. I stare at him for a second, frowning, "What? You're suspended. Why would you go to school when you're suspended?" I ask, thoroughly confused. "To get unsuspended." He says in a duh tone, as if it's obvious.

"How are you going to do that?" I frown, and he shakes his head. "Never mind that. Now, Xavier is upset that you didn't show up to the party on Saturday, ya know. He wants me to make sure you come to the next one." He says. I only nod hurriedly, "Yeah, yeah, that's fine." I agree absentmindedly. "But really, how do you think you're going to get unsuspended? What are you planning?" I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously.

He steps in front of me when I go to move past him, his hand coming up to tightly grip onto my arm to pull me to a stop. "How about you mind your business, hm?" He quirks up a brow, and I definitely catch the demanding, threatening tone in his voice that is letting me know he isn't asking me; he's telling me. I try to pull away but he just grips me tighter, yanking me until my chest pushes into his bicep. "Yeah? Sound good?" He asks.

I awkwardly nod, realizing he isn't going to let me go until I let this go. "Y-Yeah. Sounds good." I agree, and just like that, his tight grip on my arm releases as he backs away.

Reed ends up taking me to school after he gets ready at his own house, where he literally forced me to wait in the car while he showered and got dressed. Because he'd worn his long sleeve shirt last night, I'd expected him to come out in his short sleeved tee, but he just had on a different long sleeved shirt. I stayed quiet on the drive to school, where he ditched me and headed over to Xavier as he leaned against a wall.

I don't see Reed until my fifth period class, which is PE. I didn't even know I had this class with him 'cause I'd never seen him in it until today, but I guess I do. We didn't really do anything in my PE class, as the coach was pretty chill. His name was Mr. Freberg and the most we did was the mile once a year, but nothing else, really. He usually just let us sit around on our asses, which I didn't mind by any means.

Unfortunately, despite not doing anything, we still were forced to change from our uniforms into different clothes. Also, apparently today was one of the days in which we were going to be doing something. "Okay, guys," Mr. Freberg began, clapping his hands together, "This next week or so, we're going to be doing a project. Um, the principal thought it'd be a good idea to do something that could be both fun for you but also work, so yeah." He starts, leaning back against the table.

"You're going to pick a partner and you'll do a video on teamwork. I don't care what it is, but it has to be on teamwork and it has to revolve around fitness." He states, and Noah and I instantly glance at eachother, knowing we'd be partners.

He waves his hand dismissively at us and sits at the table, going through his phone. "Also, do it on your own time. You know, at home." He cuts in, before going right back to his phone again. Noah and I head towards eachother, but right when I'm about to step in front of him, a body steps in front of me. I slam into the muscular chest, blinking rapidly in surprise as I back away, "Oh." I state, seeing Reed. "Whatcha need, Hulk?" I ask, raising a brow.

"You're my partner for this." He states, his expression flat and I stare at him for a second. "Actually, she's my partner." Noah cuts in, coming to stand beside me. I pause awkwardly when Reed just glares at Noah, "Go sell your boy-scout cookies, why don't you?" He snaps, to which I try not to chuckle while Noah glares back at him.

"Why don't you go rob innocent old ladies?" He hisses. I roll my eyes at the two of them, "You two are stupid." I state, glancing up at Reed. "I thought you were suspended, anyways." I frown. He shakes his head, "I solved the problem." He says vaguely, "Now let's go, partner." He turns around, ready to walk away while I glance at Noah, frowning.

I sigh and hug him, giving him an apologetic look, "Sorry, Noah. Next time?" I ask, to which he rolls his eyes but nods. "Fine." He huffs as I pull away, beginning to follow after Reed. The two of us sit in the corner of the room, him on his phone, searching for something. "So..." I said awkwardly, "What are we doing?"

He glances up at me, "Yoga." He says simply, "But covered in baby oil." He glances back down at his phone.