19

I sneak a peek into the parking lot of the school, Reed's chest against my back with his breath fanning down my neck. I shove him away, "It's hard to spy when you're literally pushing yourself on me, you stupid oaf. Don't you know what personal space is?" I sass, placing my hand on my hip. He shoves me into the bush, giving me a fake smile, "There. Now you have plenty of personal space." He mutters.

The two of us were currently hiding behind a bush, peeking around the edge of it and scanning the school's parking lot for anyone. We'd only just gotten here, but we hadn't seen anyone as of yet.

"You're so mean." I huff, sitting up in the bush and pulling myself up with one of the thicker branches. He glares at me, "God, shut up. It's no wonder we almost got caught yesterday with your loud mouth." He scoffs. I kick him in the shin before shoving him into the spot in the bush that he pushed me into, taking my spot back as I peek around the bush.

The parking lot was alight with a soft glow, the lamp poles standing tall in the air. Reed smacked me on my lower back, right above my butt and I reached back, smacking him in the side of the head. "Look!" I gasp, pulling him more towards me but keeping us both hidden behind the bush.

There were two burly looking men, both sitting by the front door. I couldn't see them well, as the shadows were covering them too much for me to see them. "We'll have to go to a different side of the building." Reed mutters, gripping my elbow and tugging me behind the bush more. The two of us sneak around to the side of the building instead of the back, to avoid getting caught.

"I told you they'd hire security, but you didn't listen to me." I gripe, crouching beside him. Reed stops walking in front of me and I slam into his back with a grunt before backing up, "What are you doing?" I asked. Reed backed into me, "Quiet." He said softly, turning towards me and placing his hand over my mouth.

I flinch back into the brick wall, "There's two more guards at that door just a little bit away. I'll break this window and then you need to climb up so I can push you through." He explains softly, and I nod. Reed crouches down and I look down at him, seeing only his dark hair bob around before his fingers brush against my leg. I jerk in surprise, nearly kneeing him in the face, but he pushes my knee back into place before grabbing something off the ground.

He pops back up in front of me with another big rock in his hand, and then he shatters the window with it and clears the window pane of any shards of glass. He suddenly lifts me up and carefully but quickly pushes me headfirst into the window, his hands trailing down my waist and hips as more of my torso disappears into the classroom. I reach my hands out and my fingertips brush against the floor as Reed gives me a good shove on the back of my thighs, keeping his hands away from my butt.

I'm sent toppling into the classroom unexpectedly with a quiet shriek, my legs flying forward and hitting two desks. My right ankle comes harshly into contact with the edge of a desk while my left foot kicks at the bar of a desk, sending it toppling over. Reed practically dives through the window at the second the two guards reach the window, only barely missing him as he lands on me, his head between my thighs.

The both of us groan at the impact, his knee digging into my rib cage as he hurriedly sits up with his hands on the floor. "God, why'd you jump on me, you fucking hippo?" I groaned, shoving him off me by the butt. "You're the idiot who flailed into the room like a bird learning how to fly and failing terribly." He scoffs. "Now get the fuck up." He hisses, ignoring the two guards who were yelling at us from outside the window.

He pulls me out of the room and I can hear tons of footsteps hurrying down the hallway, making me panic. We hurry down the opposite end of the hallway, towards the back of the school even though we needed to get to the front. I expected the steps to stop eventually in the room we'd left from but they keep following us, right until Reed shoved me into a different classroom. The two of us sit along the wall, sides pressed together with our legs to our chest.

I hear the footsteps coming closer, slowing down and I shift a little more into Reed, covering my own mouth in fear that I'll make noise. "Dammit if you make any noise, may God help you because I'll kick your ass." He hisses quietly.

I keep my hand clenched over my face, listening as the footsteps grow closer and closer until they stop outside the room. "Search all the classrooms." I hear a male voice command, and I look up at Reed, who is already stood. He drags me over to the teachers desk and pushes me beneath it, getting down onto his knees as he glances at the door every few seconds while I adjust in my spot until I'm comfortable.

"God, they're taking this way more seriously than it is." I mumble, gasping in surprise when Reed ducks under the table with me. His knees come on either side of my waist, pressing into the floor with his hands beside my head. He sits on my hips, having to lean his torso down into mine to fit under the desk. My nerves amplify, my heart feeling like it's going to explode and then I'll be dead.

Reed ducks his head down close to my face, his warm breath fanning over my face, "Don't make any noise." He murmurs, and I stay quiet, hearing bunches of doors opening and closing at once. I jump a little in surprise when our classroom door is shoved open so roughly that it slams into the wall and bounces back, reminding me of the time Reed had been the one opening the doors like that to find me.

Two guys storm into the room and I shift uncomfortably beneath Reed, absentmindedly gripping the fabric of his shirt while peeking out from the crack at the bottom of the desk. The two don't turn on the lights for some reason but instead are carrying flashlights, pointing around the room and moving around in a rather loud manner.

They don't bother checking under any of the desks, hell they didn't even check the closet in the back of the room before they left, closing the door loudly behind them. "Nothing." One of the guys huffs, his voice becoming more distant. I mentally laugh in his face.

When their footsteps fade off, I expect Reed to move off of me, but he doesn't. I release his shirt and poke him on the chest, one of my hands laid on the floor while the other is stuck between our chests. "What?" He mumbles. "They're gone. We need to go now before they come back." I whisper urgently, and he responds with a simple, "Oh. Right."

He carefully and quietly gets off of me, pushing the desk chair back from the desk before standing up. I follow, making sure to push the chair back into place as Reed pulls open the classroom door, peeking his head out. I hurry over to the door when he leaves the room, leaving the door open as I rush quietly behind him, down the side of the hallway they'd come from.

We make it to the front office without any problems, quickly sneaking into the back room, which I decided to call the camera room, even though there's only one camera in the top right corner at the front of the room. Reed gets to work on going through the computer and I crouch beside him, gripping onto the table.

Reed hisses in annoyance, quietly banging his fist on the table beside my head, making me jerk back with wide eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask, glancing at the computer monitor. "That stupid bitch locked the damn system. I have to know the password to get into the deleted footage." He snaps, clenching his fists. "It's probably just something to do with the school itself. What's the password to their wifi?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Something about cats." He said, and I paused, trying to remember. "Cats...Catsaregreat?" I mumbled to myself and then shook my head. "No, no. Cats....." I paused, frowning as I bit my nail. Reed went back to doing his thing on the computer but I didn't let it go, instead I kept thinking. It was on the tip of my tongue, I just couldn't remember.

Then it hit me, and I gasped as I slapped Reed in the arm excitedly, "Catsrock89!" I exclaimed.