25

"Reed, just tell me." I sigh, and he smirks a little, his lips quirking up into this devilish and yet delicious slight smile. He leans forward more, letting the soft scent I'd smelled on him on Friday barely waft into my nostrils, "You want me to?" He cocks an eyebrow and I nod instantly.

"Normani." He states. I frown, confused, "Reed, I...I'm not friends with Normani." I state, scoffing. He gives me a wink, leaning closer, "Not yet, you aren't. You'd better find out why he did it, Leila." He says and I shake my head. "I am not doing that! We already know who did it, can't we just settle for that? I'm sick of this. We almost got caught twice already and Normani doesn't exactly do friends. He's like you, except he's nice." I explain.

Reed groans and rolls his eyes, leaning away from me, "Fine, fine. We'll just report it to the principle." He mumbles, and I nod in content. "Good." I breathe. "Hey, how are we going to tell them without letting it slip that we broke in?" I ask, frowning.

"Why'd you think I wanted you to befriend Normani? I need you to get a confession from him." He states. I furrowed my brows, "But then I'd be betraying him. I don't want to do that." I sigh, picking at a loose thread on my blanket. He scoffs and rolls his eyes, "Fine, I'll get the statement, then." He shrugs. I bite my lip, staring up at him before I huff out a breath, "Fine. You can do it." I muttered.

"You should know, though, that my way isn't going to be good." He admits.

"Please don't hurt him. Really, 'cause then we'll get you out of trouble for one thing and you'll get you into trouble for another thing." I plead, to which he just stares at me for a moment. "Fuck, fine, whatever. I won't hurt him." He scoffs, not sounding like he was happy about that little factor. I nod in content and before he can say anything I reach forward, gripping the front of his shirt.

I was determined to figure out what that scent was. I pulled him towards me, and his large hand latched onto my wrist, "What the hell are you doing?" He asked, raising a brow at me. I don't answer but instead shuffle closer, straddling one of his thighs while I sit on my knees with him staring up at me in confusion. I lean my head down more, sniffing his chest first.

"Seriously, what the fuck?" Reed mumbles, sounding both uncomfortable and confused. I make my way up his chest, sniffing his neck before grabbing his wrist, rolling up the long sleeve of his shirt to sniff his wrist. "I can smell something!" I exclaim, but don't say anything more about why I'm sniffing him.

"Yeah, well maybe it's your own B.O." He snaps, "Now get off before I make you." He commands, but I ignore him. "I just took a shower, it's not me. I'd know if it were me." I mumble, grabbing his angled jaw in my hands. "Is it..a bad smell?" He asks, and I shake my head, tilting his head towards the ceiling. "No, it's not." I admit, leaning a little closer.

It feels different being this close to him, probably because I can actually see his face for once. His lashes are long, his lips full and pink with a strong jawline that had slight stubble beginning to grow back. I level his head again, making him look at me as I furrow my brows and glance up at his hair. Bingo!

I reach up, pushing myself up a little more since he had straightened his posture, trying to sniff his hair. The closer I get, the stronger the soft scent becomes. I thread my fingers into his hair, the strands soft against my skin as I angle his face downwards, actually a little surprised he was letting me do this. I inhale the scent of his hair, and it instantly hits me. I lower my hands to the back of his head, playing with his hair as I grin in satisfaction.

"Vanilla." I state, actually a little surprised. "Your hair smells like vanilla." I announce, to which he shrugs, tilting his head back against my headboard, "So what?" He asks. I shake my head, shrugging casually. "Nothing." I say.

"I just didn't expect someone who spends their time trying to kill innocent girls to smell like something so...soft." I admit.

"Well, your hair smells like..." He pauses, gripping onto the back of my neck before trailing his hands to my hair, which is now dry. He lifts my hair, which is a wild tangled up mess by the way, up to his face and sniffs. "Coconut? But also a flowery scent?" He asks, sounding confused. I snort, "Coconut hibiscus." I nod.

"I thought it'd be something typical, like strawberries or something." He shrugs. I frown, "Why?" I quirk up an eyebrow and he shakes his head, "I dunno. You just look like a typical girl." He says. I felt a little offended by that but didn't let it get to me. "Then again..." He trails, "I don't know any girl who'd wear that and granny panties." He snorts, gesturing to my shirt.

"Shut up! I love this shirt, for one, and for two, I'm not wearing granny panties!" I snapped, carefully moving back to my spot on the end of my bed. Reed stared at me, "Yeah, okay." He muttered. I checked my phone, which was resting on my bed, and saw it was already past midnight. "You should probably go." I advise, and he stares at me silently. "Why should I?" He hummed.

"I've got school, you know." I stated, raising a brow, "You might be suspended but I still have school tomorrow." I say, glancing at Cookie as she runs around my mattress, attacking my blankets. Suddenly she jumps forward towards me, biting my toe and trying to tug it. I scrunch my face up in pain, pulling her away from my toes as she growls, trying to run towards me again.

I drop her beside Reed, hoping she'd start bothering him instead of me, but to no avail. The second I put her down, she runs back over to me, barking and jumping around. She latches onto the bottom of my shirt and tugs it around, to which I pick her up by her stomach and set her on the floor.

She begins racing around, trying to catch her own tail and barking at herself. I look back up at Reed when she runs head first into the wall, and then begins barking while trying to eat the wall. "But I have nothing to do." He whines, and I shrug, "That's not my problem." I say carelessly, grabbing Cookie off of the floor and heading to moms room to put her in her cage.

I then head back to my room, only to find Reed laying on his stomach in my bed, going through one of my sketchbooks that I've already filled. I pull it away from him before he even hears me behind him and he groans in annoyance, trying to grab it from me. I smack him lightly on the head with it and he jerks back at the impact, grabbing my wrist with one hand while grabbing the sketchbook with the other. "Reed!" I exclaim, trying to reach over him when he rolls back onto his stomach.

"Leila!" He mocks, raising the pitch of his voice. "I don't sound like that!" I pout, trying to shove his arm out of the way while also trying to grab my sketchbook.

He shoves me back into the bed, holding my sketchbook out of my reach and I glare at him, "You're such a twat! Give it back!" I snap, smacking the back of his calf. He traps my arm between his knees, rolling over and dragging me with him, "Let go!" I yell, yanking my arm while placing my other hand on his knee to try to get away. "I'd appreciate it if you could keep quiet." Reed sighs.

"I'm trying to focus." He says, flipping a page in my sketchbook with a serious expression on his face.