6

It was Reed, one hundred percent. I stared at the monitor in shock before I smacked Reed in the head, "I thought you didn't do it!" I hissed, shoving at his chest. Reed shoved me back, my spine pushing into the desk, "I didn't!" He snapped.

I pointed at the paused video camera, "That looks like you to me! Even the same douchey, "don't fucking look at me" expression!" I exclaimed quietly.

Reed rolled his eyes, "You're a moron! That's me from two fucking years ago." He scoffs. I faltered, "That makes sense." I muttered, realizing why the chairs were different and why my papers had disappeared within fifteen minutes.  "So why did you do it the first time?" I asked, looking up at him. Reed shrugged, "Mr. Block gave me detention for going to the bathroom." He said. I snorted, rolling my eyes.

"What happens if you get in trouble for this? The wire thing." I clarified, frowning. Reed looks back at the monitor, "Last time I got expelled for two months." He said. I raised my brows, "Also I had to pay a fine." He continued. "Oh." I mumbled. "Anyways, why is this," I gestured to the screen, "The video you see for Friday night if it was from two years ago? Who manipulated it?" I asked, thinking.

"Maybe Mr. Block really doesn't like you." I joked. Reed glared at me, "It's more of a wonder of how he likes you." He mutters.

"Really, though, Reed. This is serious. What if you get more than just suspended for two months? What if you have to do jail time?" I worried. Reed shrugged, "Wouldn't be the first time." He said. I paused, not expecting that. "You've been to jail?" I asked. Reed looked down at me, no expression on his face. "What's it to you?" He scoffed. I scooted away from him a little, "Nothing." I said casually.

"Why are you acting like my criminal record is contagious? You're not going to get one just from being around me, idiot." Reed looked unamused. I hummed, "Somehow I don't believe that considering I've known you not even a day and am already breaking into schools." I point out. He rolls his eyes in response. I check my phone and see that it's already ten o'clock, meaning my mom will be home in an hour and it takes twenty minutes for me to get there.

"I need you to take me home." I announced.

"You've been of no help to me tonight, you know. Why should I be of any to you?" He raised a brow and I paused, "If I recall, this was my idea. I came up with this plan, and that's more than you can say for yourself. You were of no help to yourself, Reed. So take me home." I commanded.

Reed stared at me and right then, the computer turned off, leaving us in darkness. I felt something brush against my leg and almost screamed before I realized it was just the desk. "Reed?" I whispered into the dark, but I received no answer. I started to get a little scared, not wanting to be here alone and I reached out in front of me where Reed was, but was met with air. He wasn't there anymore. "Reed?" I was a little frantic now, but couldn't force myself to move from my spot.

I felt a hand grip my face and another my waist, pushing me up against the desk. I gasped in surprise, but knew it was Reed because I could faintly smell his cologne. "Why didn't you answer me?" I frowned.

Reed didn't answer my question. "You'd better watch the way you talk to me, Dollface." He mocked, using the nickname Xavier had given me, scoffing as he moved his hand down to my neck. "You won't fucking talk to me like that. Got it?" He snapped. I nodded, getting flashbacks to him trying to strangle me. I'd had that happen three times and I didn't want to anymore. Anger and violence scared me, both of which Reed didn't seem to have a shortage of.

"I got it." I whispered.

He released me with a shove, pushing me back into the desk more before he moved away. "Let's go." He said gruffly, still sounding angry.

I followed Reed back down the hallways and then I could hear the footsteps once again when we got closer to the classroom. I quickly zoomed behind Reed into the classroom with the broken window, wondering why hadn't we just used the fucking front doors? They only locked from the outside, after all. It wasn't as if we couldn't use them.

Reed climbed out the window and I followed suit, jumping onto the wet grass below with a soft thud. We headed back to Reed's car and I pulled my mask off the second we were out of sight from any cameras on the outside of the school building. I fixed my hair, smoothing it down as I checked my phone again. It was ten fifteen now. Reed looked down at me, "The fuck do you keep checking your phone for?" He snapped. I pushed my phone into my pocket and looked down at my hands, twiddling my fingers. "My mom is going to be home soon." I muttered.

"Why'd you break my door?" I said suddenly, remembering that Reed had completely shattered my backdoor.

"You wouldn't let me in, so I let myself in." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes, "Wonder why that is. It's not as if you've tried to kill me three times." I said sarcastically. Reed flipped me the finger. I returned the favor.

We got in his car and Reed took me home, looking over at me impatiently when he stopped in front of my house. "Get out." He said, looking bored. I stared at him, "You have a funny way of saying thank you." I said, not even moving to unbuckle my seatbelt yet. He glared at me, his biceps flexing as he gripped the steering wheel in anger.

"Get the fuck out or you'll have a funny way of saying anything when I'm finished with you." He hissed.

I sighed, unbuckling my seatbelt and leaving his car. I didn't even the door closed completely before Reed raced off, leaving me standing in my driveway.