37

Okay, so maybe I was being a little hypocritical in saying anger isn't a beneficial emotion, but it isn't. I mean, what the hell would he, or anyone, gain from being angry at everything and everyone? Nothing.

I walked down the halls, heading towards the cafeteria for Lunch on Friday afternoon. I hated that Reed's absence in my life was having an affect on me, to be honest. I mean, what the hell? I wasn't supposed to be affected by his absence! He was supposed to be affected by mine! Although, I can confidently say that he was affected by mine, which made me feel very smug. He deserved it. He was a douche to me.

It wasn't uncommon that I'd catch him staring at me, or being in the same area I was in. He looked to be in bad shape, but that wasn't my problem, or that's what I told myself, anyways. He wasn't my responsibility nor my friend. He didn't deserve my concern.

I plopped down at the table, huffing quietly as I scooted in my chair. Olivia, Noah and Elias all stared at me, but I paid them no mind. I wasn't in a good mood, not that that was anything unusual as of lately. I hadn't been in a good mood for the past few days. "Eh..." Noah stared at me while everyone else went back to eating their food, narrowing his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked. I stared at him. "No." I said flatly, crossing my arms over my chest.

He pursed his lips and narrowed his eyes, leaning towards me. "Are you still sulking over Reed? Of all people, really?" He sighed, raising a brow. I glared at him, leaning back into my chair more. "Why don't you shove your thumb up your ass and leave me alone about it?" I snapped, irritated. He had been asking me about it every single day, which I knew stemmed from concern, but I didn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to talk about Reed. I was trying to forget him, not talk of him.

He snickered, shaking his head. "That's Olivia's job." He said.

I stared at him along with everyone else at the table, scrunching my nose up in disgust. "You...are repulsive." I said simply, shaking my head with a deep, exasperated sigh. He chortled like a moron, leaning back in his chair. "Yeah, yeah. Anyways," He began, dismissing my insult. "Maybe you should try to talk to him." He suggested hesitantly.

I narrowed my eyes, shaking my head. "Absolutely not." I refused. "Besides, you're acting like you weren't trying to put me off of talking to him! Now you want me to try to talk to him?" I scoffed, irritated. He didn't try to deny it, slowly nodding his head as he stared at me. "I just think you should." He shrugged. Elias nodded, also looking over at me. "I agree, Leila. You've been upset and unlike yourself this week." He frowned, cocking his head to the side. I sighed deeply, just about ready to slam my head into the table. "I'm not talking to him. He is mean and he doesn't care about me or like me. I'm not going to validate his actions by going back to him." I said firmly, unwilling to change my mind.

"But he always looks at you like you're continuously killing his puppy, Leila." Jasmine mentioned, also adding herself to the conversation. "He doesn't have a puppy. He has a snake named Buddy." I blurted in correction, face palming directly after. Why did I say that?

Noah snorted, amusement twinkling in his eyes. "Interesting." He remarked. "But regardless, you should still talk to him. He really does look at you all the time. Maybe I was wrong about him." He admitted reluctantly, sighing. It must've really hurt his ego to admit that he could have been wrong about something, especially Reed. He hated Reed, maybe even more than he hated to admit that he was wrong. "I don't care!" I insisted, knowing I was lying. "Reed should've thought about that before he made the decision to be a conscious asshat." I huffed, glaring at him.

Elias hid a smile, like he didn't want to smile at me while I was insulting someone. He really was too nice to everyone. "But you talked to him on the phone. Why would you do that if you didn't want...something?" Noah pointed out, staring at me quizzically. I stared at him, silently daring him to say what I thought he was trying to. He didn't. "Because I wanted answers, you idiot." I muttered, absentmindedly bouncing my leg. He rolled his eyes, slouching into the table more as he stared at me. "Well, I hope you still have answers that you want because he's coming towards the table." He mentioned.