17

A/N: Ava's name has been changed to Leila because I just wasn't feeling the name Ava.

Jack, Cookie, and Reed joined me up in my room while I searched for some pajamas, as it was only five now.

I paused when I realized something. "You never answered my question." I state suddenly into the silence of my room, and Reed glances at me. "We're going to the school at nine, right?" I confirm. He nods curtly, crossing his ankles together as he lays on my bed.

"Why are you here, then?" I ask, confused. He could be doing anything he wanted. "You could be having the sex with that girl, since you got too drunk to drive home." I point out, raising a brow. "By the way, seriously don't do that again. It's very dangerous and while we're not friends, I don't want anything to happen to you." I lecture.

"Okay, mom." Reed mutters, rolling his eyes.

"And who said I never had sex with that girl?" He continues, to which I pause. "Tell me you didn't bring her here. Reed, if you fucked someone in my house, I'll literally push you out my window." I sigh.

He snorts, but shakes his head. "I didn't. Where did you think I was at all day? Why else would I have missed school?" He asks, and my mouth parts in realization. "I dunno! Maybe you had a scheduled appointment to kill kittens, who knows?" I blurt, wringing my hands together.

"The only kitten I killed was hers. I murdered that bi-" I cut him off with a wild wave of my hands, shaking my head, "Please don't finish that sentence!" I exclaim, clutching my pajamas to my chest.

I hurried off into the bathroom before he could reply, noticing the pink tint to my cheeks as I looked in the mirror and closed the door. I pulled off my uniform, pulling on a pair of floral pink and purple patterned shorts with lace lining. I slid my black tank-top over my head, which had a lace floral back. My mom had gotten this set for me, too.

I grabbed my uniform off of the bathroom floor, leaving with it in my hands and my hair down my back. I quickly leave my room, heading down to the laundry room to wash my clothes. I stick it into the washer, putting the soap into the dispenser before starting it and leaving back upstairs. I open my bedroom door, which I guess I'd closed when I left.

I glance up at Reed, noticing he has something in his hands but at first I didn't say anything, thinking it was just his phone. When I glanced over again, however, I saw that he was holding a sketchbook of mine. I had seven of them, so I didn't have any shortage of paper anytime soon.

"You're nosy." I huff, stalking towards him and then holding my hand out for the sketchbook. He shoved it away in response, continuing to flip through the pages slowly. He was definitely taking his time in examining them. I sighed and plopped beside him on my bed, gathering my hair up into a ponytail on top of my head.

"These are actually really good." He says softly. I wasn't really used to compliments on my art from anyone besides my mom or my grandma, but that was it. "Thanks." I said awkwardly, crossing my legs criss-cross applesauce style. I watched him as he flipped through the pages, only for a minute before I grabbed Jack's food bowl off of my bedroom floor.

I kept his food and water bowl in my room always because this is where he always was, unless I was downstairs then he was there with me. He followed me everywhere I went but I didn't mind. It made me feel protected.

I left the room with Jack, heading downstairs to fill it before ascending the stairs back up to my room. I set in back in place on my bedroom floor, bringing the plate of food I'd gotten Cookie over to her little area where she was laid out.

I stripped off the socks I had on, and then I went to leave my room but Reed's voice stopped me. "God, do you ever stop moving?" He asked, sounding irritated. I looked over at him, "You're at my house, you know. You don't have to be here. Nobody's forcing you to stay." I remind him, and he clenches his jaw. "Besides, what do you want me to do? Lay with you in bed while you look through my sketchbooks?" I scoff.

Reed didn't seem to get that I was joking. That or he didn't care, as he just nodded, "Yes." He admits. I stare at him for a second, "I'm not going to cuddle you, idiot. Can't you go ask one of your many flings? I'm sure they'd jump at the chance for you to want them for something more than a quick fuck." I say, and he shakes his head.

"No, actually. They'd just turn it into an opportunity to fuck and while I never turn down a good screw, I don't want one right now considering I just went at it for hours." He explains, and I purse my lips awkwardly. "I don't cuddle, Reed. Not with you, anyways." I refuse, and he frowns. "Get in the fucking bed, Leila." He huffs.

I stare at him, "You know, that's real charming. I get in bed with every guy who cusses at me." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "Well, that's good for me then 'cause I cuss at you a lot." He retorts, leaving my open sketchbook on his lap as he crosses his arms over his chest and leans back into my pillows. My eyes narrow as I march over to him and stop at the edge of the bed, where he's laying.

I go to grab my sketchbook from him and he grabs my wrist, tugging me forward while simultaneously rolling over so that I'm beneath him. I gasp, my mind instantly spring towards one thing. "Reed, my sketchbook! You probably just messed up the damn pages, you gorilla!" I hiss, and he rolls his eyes. He leans back and grabs the sketchbook, holding it up as he flicks through the pages in front of me to show that there's been no damage to it.

"See? It's fine. Now, you're going to stay with me in this bed even if I have to fucking tie you to the headboard. You got it?" He asks, raising his brows down at me.

I groan, tossing my head back into my pillows in annoyance. "Why are you so persistent? All you're doing is looking through my drawings!" I whine, wiggling underneath him stubbornly. "Exactly. So why are you so against it?" He retorts. I shove his chest in annoyance, "Fine. I'll sit here with you while you invade my privacy." I relent, sighing.

He gets a smug, satisfied look on his face and rolls off of me, sketchbook in hand as he re-assumes the position he'd been in at the edge of my bed. I scoot under my covers along with him, thanking the heavens that he'd taken off his shoes before getting onto my bed. I'd kill him if he tracked any dirt or mud onto my sheets.

I try to maintain a safe distance between us but Reed raises his brows at me, unimpressed, "You suck at cuddling." He mutters. He reaches out and pulls me closer, forcing me to roll onto my side so that my chest presses into him, my head resting on his chest. His arm comes around my back, his hand firmly pressing into my side and right then I wish I hadn't worn a shirt with lace as the back of the shirt because I can feel his fingertips, their warmth seeping into my skin.

Reed reaches down under the blanket, alarming me when his hand gripped onto my bare thigh. "What are you doing?" I gasped, trying to sit up but he pushes me back down, shushing me softly. "Calm down. I'm not trying anything, promise. I'm just adjusting you. You're tense and uncomfortable, I can tell." He mutters.

His hand slid down the back of my thigh, lifting my leg until it was bent and placed between his, my calf pressing into his leg as my foot curled beneath his leg. I had shivers spreading through my body at the feeling of his hands on me and I hated it. He'd never touched me so gently before, though. It was more like he was caressing me, his touch somehow light but dominant on my skin.

It was nice. So nice that I placed my head back onto his chest with his hand still gripping onto my thigh and fell asleep.