Chapter 10

DELILAH

DELILAH

In  a matter of seconds, Liam's eyes were set on me, lustful and needy yet so full of heartbreak it caused my own to hurt. Carissa's car turned on and it was the screeching of tires that let us know that she was leaving. 

We were left alone, with silence and tension as our only companions. 

"I should have left," I mumbled, standing up. 

As soon as I was on my feet, I was pushed against the wall.

"What are you doing?" I breathed, feeling how his hand went under the hem of the shirt and traveled up my thigh to my ass. He squeezed, making me whimper softly. 

"She's gone, Delilah, and you're here. I want you," 

My eyes closed when I saw him moving in and when his lips touched mine, I moaned. My arms went around his neck and he pulled me close to him, not wasting any time or allowing any space between us. His grip was tight, possessive. Just how I liked it. 

With my body arching into his and his hands caressing me, the world around us stopped spinning, only leaving us and this moment.

I let my hands travel down his broad shoulders and back, feeling his muscles flex under my touch. Our tongues danced, savoring each other like they hadn't in years. His lips didn't stay on mine too long though, moving down my jaw and neck.

"I've fucking missed you," he groaned against my skin. "Delilah..."

I felt myself just melt to into his touch, hearing his the way my name rolled of his lips like we hadn't been apart for years.

"Delilah... Delilah!"

The snapping of fingers broke the heavily sexual trance I was in. I felt a rush of blood going to my face when I saw Liam's expectant stare. 

"Shit," I muttered, walking over to the sink. I let the cold water run, splashing my face with it. I felt flushed, hot and aching for him and he didn't have to know that. He frowned when I turned back around to face him. "What?"

"We need to talk," he said with a sigh. 

"Go ahead," I said, eager to get this done and over with. 

I pressed my lips together, waiting for him to begin because there was no way in hell that I was going to start any conversation. "I'm with Carissa," he began.

"I heard," I replied. 

Liam furrowed his eyebrows and when understanding set in, he looked ashamed. "You heard?"

"Yeah," I said, not masking my disappointment. "More than I wanted to hear."

Hearing them, hearing her and knowing that he was the cause of so much pleasure cut right through me. I knew he was with her, that they were a couple but I never thought it could hurt so much. In a way, I always thought he was mine. Maybe it was the fact that I knew that he was thinking of me and despite having me so close, he couldn't bring himself to break up with her.