Chapter 59

I'm keeping on trackI know you're my purposeYeah, it makes me nervousBut there's no going back‘Cause all the roads they lead toA boy like you

I know you're my purpose
Yeah, it makes me nervous
But there's no going back
‘Cause all the roads they lead to
A boy like you

-Boy Like You by Weslee

*****

DELILAH

Liam and I laid on the blanket bed he had made on our living room floor. We'd hardly slept; spent the night talking and kissing and making love after the surprise proposal. We drifted between sleep and sex, every time more intense than the one before. It was safe to say that we were starting our honeymoon way before our wedding.

We couldn't get enough of each other, that would never change. My eyes closed when he brought his lips to mine, kissing me once again with so much passion it took my breath away. He was the happiest I'd ever seen him.

I moaned softly into his mouth when he pulled me closer to him, his lips moving hungrily against mine. My back arched on its own accord, needing him yet again. 

I turned on my side, lifting my leg and letting Liam settle behind me. I bit my lip, feeling him nudge me with the tip of his erection, his lips at the nape of my neck. He pushed into me with a single thrust, no warning, no objection on my part. 

Fingers digging into my hips and lips kissing whatever skin available to them, Liam delivered me every bit of pleasure that he could... More than I could take. I squeezed my eyes shut, letting myself forget about everything other than his touch, everything other than the way he filled me up. 

I moaned, throwing my head back, savoring the moment.

I heard his ragged breathing, my name leaving his lips with a grunt as his pace sped up. A hand gripped my breast while the other held me in place as my lips parted in a loud moan while I came undone in his arms yet again. 

"Fuck, Lilah," he breathed, letting go inside of me. 

I was panting, feeling like I had just run a marathon. I smiled satisfied and placed my head on his chest while we regained our breath.

"What time is it?"

"Four, I think."

"We need sleep," I grumbled. Liam chuckled, running his fingers down my back. "That was the last round for tonight."

"Or the first for this morning," he said with a smirk. I nudged him but he squeezed me tighter.

So many of my decisions had been questionable but somehow, they all led me to this moment. The girl that never wanted to get married, that was too afraid to commit was now engaged and expecting her second child.

It's ironic how life works. The things you don't think you ever want are the ones that end up meaning the most to you.

"When do you want to get married?" I asked Liam, drawing patterns on his chest with my fingers.