Chapter 32

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away

But baby, I just need one good one to stay

-A Million Reasons by Lady Gaga

DELILAH

I looked at Liam; his skin was sweaty and he looked like hell. He'd been running a fever the whole night and even then, he was ready to go to work. I watched him as he struggled to even get dressed. Not only that, but Adrian was also sick, both of them had come down with a severe cold and fever.

"Babe, stay home," I asked him again as I ran my fingers through Adrian's hair. He was sleeping on our bed since midnight after he waking up with a headache.

"Gotta work, Lilah," he said.

"Chris can handle it, Liam. Besides, you'll only get him sick. You need to rest in order to get better."

Liam gave me a small glare, one that he immediately changed when he started coughing again. He always did get so stubborn when he got sick. When he didn't stop coughing I stood up, took his hands in mine, and dragged him over to the sofa. Liam groaned as protest but was too tired to do much else.

"You are going to lay down and rest," I said with a raised eyebrow. "No arguments."

"I have to work," he mumbled.

"Nope."

"Delilah I-"

"I'll text Chris. Now go to sleep."

His eyes were closed before I even left the bedroom.

I had let Jo know that Adrian was sick and she was very understanding in letting me stay home to nurse him back to health. I would be caring for the both of them while they were sick, though I knew Liam would be a challenge. 

He never liked anyone taking care of him but I wanted to do just that. Once again I found myself in the kitchen, putting my best efforts into a homemade chicken soup.

When we were younger and I'd get sick, Liam used to move mountains just to get me to feel better. During my early pregnancy, morning sickness had me lying in bed all day and Liam would do his best to cook whatever I could tolerate. It wasn't until after the sixteenth week that I could finally eat.

Liam eventually appeared, looking crappy as hell and still, I pressed a kiss on his cheek. He gave me a small smile. "How are you feeling?" I asked him, running my fingers through his hair.

"Not good. Adrian is still sleeping. Need help?"

I shook my head no. "Go rest," I said.

He listened and went back to the bedroom. As I was finishing up, a knock on the door interrupted me. I frowned; we weren't expecting anyone, and the person I saw behind the door wasn't one I would ever be happy to see.