Chapter 58

I'll go get a ring, let the choir bells sing like oooh, 

So what you wanna do?

Let's just run, girl.

DEDICATED TO @ALadyVillain FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY :) ENJOY THE HAPPY CHAPTER

LIAM

Weekends had become our family time. Delilah was twenty weeks pregnant already and looked amazing; beyond what words could ever describe. She felt peaceful now that Caleb had been sentenced and would be off the streets for years. She was enjoying her pregnancy to the fullest, something she didn't do with Adrian.

Those 'therapeutic' coloring books had become her addiction, so as we were outside enjoying the late spring sun and her hair fell over her face, I watched her, memorizing every detail of her. From the way she shifted on her seat to the way she scrunched up her nose and pouted when she colored even slightly out of the line. I was so fucking... I couldn't even say. The words 'in love' don't seem like enough. She was the definition of literally, everything I wanted in a woman. 

I thought before that she had a lot to learn. She had to learn to be a good mother, she had to learn to be a good, courageous yet humble woman. In the end though, watching her learn made me grow up. 

It made me realize that I had to let go of anger that I didn't even know I held against her. It made me realize that asking for forgiveness and confronting your mistakes is much, much harder than running. That's precisely what she'd done. She'd confronted her mistakes head on and became a better woman for it. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked when after a while she noticed I was looking at her. 

I shrugged, standing up and placing a kiss on her forehead. "I'm going to talk to your dad for a minute," I said. She nodded and went back to her coloring book.

I stood up, bypassing Adrian who played with the official new couple, Chris and Jo, until I got to Delilah's parents. They smiled at me, Leo handing me a beer which I declined. He raised an eyebrow, surprised that I hadn't accepted it. 

"What's going on, dear?" Maria asked with a soft smile.

"He's probably pissed about his baseball team losing," Leonardo teased, drinking his beer. 

I would have laughed at his joke, except I couldn't. Not with what was going on in my mind.

"I'm going to ask her to marry me." 

Leonardo spit out his drink while Maria simply smiled, looking over at her pregnant daughter. It would be the second time I had this conversation with them but that didn't lessen the nerves, especially since the first time didn't quite work out as I'd expected.