Chapter 34

I know that we're far from where we need to be
But the world wasn't made in just one day
Though our journey is long, I know our love is strong
You're my shooting star
We're flying high above
-Levitate by Imagine Dragons

I know that we're far from where we need to beBut the world wasn't made in just one dayThough our journey is long, I know our love is strongYou're my shooting starWe're flying high above-Levitate by Imagine Dragons

DELILAH

Cooking was still not my forte, at all

"Mom," Adrian said, looking at the food on the stove.

"Yeah, bud?"

"I don't think the food is supposed to look like that."

"Ugh, I know," I mumbled. It looked so horrible it made me fight back nausea. "What do you think we should make?" I asked a thoughtful Adrian. He tapped his finger on his chin, making him all the more cute. Of course, if I said that to him he'd be furious. 

It was late already and Liam should have been home. Perhaps he had more work than he anticipated, though I doubted that the errands he needed to run were related to work. 

"Macaroni and cheese! Every one knows how to make it," Adrian exclaimed bringing me back to reality.

"You really want that?" I asked him. Never was I a fan of that particular meal but he wanted it, he would have it. 

And so it happened that he did. 

Wrapping the blanket I'd been dragging around all day tighter around my body. I was sure I was now sick as well, I felt exhausted and I had a terrible headache. Not only that, but Carissa's words echoed in my mind. Whoever said that words could hurt more than physical wounds was right. 

Being sick didn't help the situation. 

I leaned against the window, waiting for Liam. I was starting to get worried until I saw two cars pulling up, Liam's and Christopher's. I groaned in frustration. I looked like absolute shit. 

They spoke quietly as they walked up to the house and Adrian ran up to them, as always excited to see his two role models. 

"Delilah," Chris said, extending his arms out for a hug. I obliged, and despite feeling a bit uncomfortable at first, I found it warm and comforting. 

"You can let go now," Liam said clearing his throat from behind him. I smiled and he pulled me into his arms, kissing me deeply. 

"We are still here," Chris reminded us. 

"How would you like to spend the night with your uncle Chris?" Liam asked Adrian who began nodding before he even finished asking the question.

Without much explanation, the three men began packing up, leaving me at a loss as far as what was going on. Anytime I would ask Liam would only smile at me and Chris would pretend I didn't say anything. I wanted to be frustrated but couldn't, not with the mischievous expression on their faces.