Chapter 60

Song: Bad Wings by The Glitch Mob

DELILAH

4 months later

Doctor Murphy smiled back at us. "Yes, two centimeters already."

"Holy shit," I breathed, my eyes widening in both surprise and fear. "It's been so long since I've you know... pushed anything out of me... I don't know if I'll be able to do it," I said. Liam shook his head, taking my hand in his.

"Your body will remember what to do, Delilah. Besides, dilation doesn't mean you'll go into labor any time soon. There's always medicines if you want for pain while in labor but I promise, you'll be just fine, we're all here to make this goes as smoothly as possible."

"Can Liam be there with me?"

"Yes, dear. We've talked about this before and the answer hasn't changed. You can have in the room whomever you want, Liam being your fiance and the father of the baby can definitely be there."

I sighed, taking Liam's hand while he helped me sit up. I couldn't understand how it was humanly possible for me to do much of anything anymore. My feet were incredibly swollen, I had a watermelon in my tummy and it was a struggle to be on my feet any. And goodness, it was always so hot. Being pregnant in the summer wasn't easy.

Liam had met me at the doctor's and sadly, now he had to go back to work while I picked up Adrian from school. I was still working but I'd decided to take half a day off for the appointment. I leaned against the SUV, feeling how the baby moved yet again, digging his little feet under my ribs. I winced at the uncomfortable feeling. 

"I'll be home in a few hours," Liam said, cradling my neck. 

Rolling my eyes, I turned around ignoring him. I felt so frustrated, for no reason at all. I was just so... tired. 

"Come on, baby," he said turning me back around, pulling me as close to him as my large, watermelon belly would allow. "Stop being so moody."

"You'd be moody too if you were carrying a child that's feeding off of you. I'm going to use one of those fake belly's and breasts so that you can experience what it's like," I muttered. 

Liam only smiled, knowing not to counter any of what I said. He leaned down and kissed me, his tongue grazing my bottom lip and asking for entrance, There in the parking lot, he kissed me profoundly, his hand tangling in my hair. 

I broke off the kiss, inhaling sharply, trying to catch my breath. 

"Now, after you get Adrian go home and relax, okay? When I get home I'll give you a massage, maybe a few other things," he murmured in my ear. 

I felt myself flush at the innuendo, but nodded more than eager. He smirked, nuzzling my nose. "I love you, Delilah."

"I love you too," I smiled.