Chapter 66

This adventure we were meant for

Everyday is a chance to discover

You give me reason through every season

Together we can do anything

-Forever Starts Today by Tim Halperin

DELILAH

You spend all the days of your life 'living' life to the fullest. You spend all days hoping that the next day will be better than the other without really knowing in what sense you want it to be better. Do you want it to be better in the economical sense? Do you want it to be better for your family? What exactly are you looking for? 

I thought I needed freedom, that I was being tied up by having a child; that I was stuck. 

How wrong I was.

Because as I held my little boy's hands, the hands I had let go of when he was only two years old, I was reminded yet again that they were my life. He looked so handsome with his little tux, and I just knew, he was going to be just as handsome and sweet as his father. 

Liam chuckled and talked with my parents and I glanced over to the other side of the beach hoping that his surprise would show up soon. Aiden was in Jo's arms, giggling as happy as a baby should be with Chris unable to hide his loving gaze.

This was my life, it was more than everything I could have ever dreamed of. 

This small ceremony we had in the very place our story began was exactly how I envisioned my wedding. I was ending the year as Liam's wife; a new chapter in our lives was beginning, and I knew it was going to be beautiful. 

I saw Liam head our way along with little Liz, Adrian's friend and he immediately let go of my hands. I rolled my eyes. My son was already looking for other girls in his life. 

My now husband extended his hand out to me, looking like my prince. Ugh, the sappyness. But that was exactly what he was; my one and only prince charming. 

And though I didn't ever believe in fairy tales, for him I would. 

"A dance?" 

My cheeks hurt so much from smiling yet even then, I smiled even wider, giving him my hand. He pulled me close to him, resting his hands on my waist while I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. 

"You look just beautiful, Mrs. Anderson."

"You don't look too bad yourself, Mr. Anderson. Tuxedos suit you."

"I can't wait to get you alone," he murmured. I felt my cheeks flush but bit my lip, letting him know I wanted the exact same thing. 

He raised his hand, placing a strand of hair behind my ear, the simple touch making me shiver, filling me with joy. For the rest of our lives he would be by my side, we would be together.