Chapter 28

Way too soon to feel so strong

Way too young to hurt so long

I'm hurting

Was it worth it?

-Last Dance by Dua Lipa

DELILAH

When we arrived to the hotel Liam began undressing and making his way to the shower without really speaking to me. I could tell he was irritated at the fact that Brian was still trying to contact me, but I wasn't at fault. Things seemed pretty clear the last time we had spoken and if the detective went back on his word, there wasn't much that I could do. We weren't even in the same state at the moment. 

Not only that, but apparently Carissa also decided to contact him on our way to the hotel. The day went from being wonderful to dreadful. The situations were different; Carissa had gained her place in their life. I wanted to be okay with it, I wanted to not mind, yet when her name popped up on his phone, I felt like throwing it out the damn window. 

I heard the water begin to run and sighed. The backpack that held the surprise that I was supposed to give Liam rested on the side of the bed and given the situation, it seemed like it would remain unused. 

I carried the backpack to the restroom and set it next to the sink, glancing over to the see through shower glass separating me from Liam. He was leaning against the tile wall and I didn't have to be directly in front of him to see how tense he was. 

Before I could think too much of it, I undressed and let my hair down and gaining courage that I didn't know I had, slid the door open. Liam didn't turn around, as if he already expected me to be there. Tentatively, I placed a hand on his shoulder, letting it rest there for a few seconds before he turned around.

His eyes darkened when he took in my naked body and without a word, he pushed me back against the wall, kissing me with everything he felt. With his leg between mine and his hands holding my own back, he was the one in control. I moaned softly, feeling how he awakened every part of me. He owned me.

I ached to run my fingers through his hair but I knew this was what he needed; to feel that despite having Brian around, I belonged to him. And I did, there was no denying it. His tongue met mine, my own not standing a chance against his dominating one. I squeezed my eyes shut, letting the water run down on us while his lips went down my neck, nipping at the skin. 

"I hate that other men see you like I see you," he murmured. 

"I'm with you," I replied, squeezing his hands tighter when he thrust his hips against me. 

In our breathless state his eyes met mine and I found that even with the years of knowing him so well, I was unable to decipher the emotions behind them. He shook his head, trying to erase the thoughts that were flooding his mind but when he failed, he kissed me once again, as if he found peace there with me.