Chapter 1

Today was like seemed to be like a good day for me, meeting up with one of my best friends who I consider as a brother even though we haven't met in person. Seems ridiculous at first but I don't care he's helped me out in my dark times and when I needed someone to talk to. His name is Huy Nguyen and we've been great friends for a good amount of years now. We met through online gaming and started talking and found out we're practically the same with our interest in gaming and anime. At the moment, on my way to his town in New Jersey to meet up with him. As I'm driving I see the sign for entering New Jersey and take the exit following my GPS. I remember how he described where he lived and start recognizing landmarks, either that or it's just me thinking I'm smart and just following the GPS. I stop as I hear you've arrived at your destination, I turn my truck off and go to text him I'm outside. Then randomly I get a headache and scrunch my eyes together to ease the pain and hear a woman say 'Soon you will understand that you are my pawn for destruction'. I question myself 'Am I high or something? There's no way in hell that was real'. I hear a tapping on my window and sure enough it's the man of the hour, I roll down the window and immediately hear something I always hear from him when I join the party on PSN.

"Look who decided to show up, all late and what not" after hear that comment I go to start up my truck to mess with him "Hey hey it was just a joke, need a tampon? Pretty sure mom has some to spare."

After hearing that couldn't help but laugh my ass off at his comment. "Nice to see you to bro, and looks like you gained some muscle as well".

He scoffs "Not everyone is built like a brick wall Darnell some of us are normal". He says as he uses his hands for emphasis.

"Real funny Huy. So what do you have planned for this date, Surely you have something planned for little old me". I use a girl like voice to make it even funnier.

"First off you ain't little Darnell, second we are going bowling so I can show you how a pro does it". I sigh as I knew this was gonna happen as the self proclaimed bowler he is I can't help but think it'll be fun with us.

"You know what fuck it let's go man, hell I might even beat ya".

He scoffs at me "Yeah keep telling yourself that" he jumps in the passenger with his own bowling ball and shoes in tow and starts giving me directions to the bowling alley.

The ride there wasn't too long or anything or just time flew by as we joke around and laugh and have a great time catching up with each other. He tells me that him and his family are doing pretty well on his new house, I offer my help since I'll be in his town for a week and he graciously takes my offer. His parents allowed me to sleep over for the week and I promised to help if needed. We pull up to the bowling alley and I immediately laugh at the humorous name "I can't believe it's not gutter" I start cracking up so bad I honk the horn with my head and startled Huy.

"What are you laughing at?"

I calm down and answer "Really? You can't tell that is the most ridiculous fucking name bro". He realizes he forgot the name and joins me in laughing are asses off. We calm down and exit my truck as I lock it and enter the building. I hear your typical background music as I enter, we walked up to a desk and Huy tales care of everything. I told I can pay for myself but does me a solid and pays for since I'll be helping with the house. The guy ask if I need shoes and I refuse politely and say I'm fine and Huy looks in disgust at me. I laugh cause he's so into bowling, something so small as wearing sneakers while bowling messes with him.

Time flies as we have fun bowling with each other but I can't help but shake the feeling we're being watched . I look around and see no one looking in our direction. Then the thought of me in the truck comes back with the voice in my head, I haven't smoked in 2 years ever since my father passed away. What could be the reasoning behind it.

As I sit in thought Huy shakes my shoulder and asks "Ready to go man? Let's grab a bite to eat".

"Yeah man I'm starving just let me take a piss, here take my keys and start up the truck I'll meet you outside". He answers with a got it and makes his way outside with his things. While I make my way to the bathroom I start to get a headache again, but it's much worse . I rush to the bathroom to not cause a scene, I bust through the door and look in the mirror and my vision is blurry, I start to stumble on my feet and I fall to the floor but catch myself by putting my hands down first. The lights seem to flicker and I can't muster the strength to stay up so I lay down. I hear movement towards me from the door sounds like two people.

I hear a sultry voice say "Merc knock him unconscious it'll be easier to transport him. Me and em will take care of the other one". As I try to look up all I see is a boot to my face and I'm knocked out completely.

As I drift in the dark space in my mind I see a woman in black looking at me. What's disturbing is that her skin is deathly pale, hell even white as snow. She reaches out to me as if I'm her lost child.

She seems happy to see me "I'm so happy to see you my child, it's been so long Darnell, soon you and your brother Huy will find out your purpose and help your true family and strike fear into the eyes of all who oppose us". Questions run through my mind, true family?, my real purpose? What is she on about and Huy being my brother? I consider him blood already without a second thought but how does she know him? As I keep think I'm pulled away from her towards a light and I hear Huy's voice yelling out my name I get closer as he gets louder and soon I wake up..