Chapter 38

Pyrrha's POV

The reunion of Darnell and his father is so heartwarming. If only he had his memories..... no! I'll keep trying so he can have them back, he's already got some of them already just being with me for a few minutes. I walk up to them after they hugged it out. "I'm sorry for all the shit you endured DJ.... I'm here now and I'm ready fight son."

Darnell smiles "That's good to hear.... even though I can't remember you though..... let's hope I get my memories soon."

Aelia runs up to him with his SMG's in their holsters "Here! I told you I would take care of them for you! These babies are nasty, and im happy to give em back to ya!"

He shakes his head and rubs Aelia's head a little "Keep em, you can use them better then me at the moment anyway. What I need to do is heal up a bit and get back in the fight. Without my powers I won't just stand back and watch the chaos, that isn't me at all."

His Dad laughs "That's my son alright! All banged up and is willing to fight still, even though at most you'll prolly can only handle a few grimm."

He shrugs his shoulders "Don't matter to me, as long as I can lend a hand." As he finishes Qrow comes in happy as ever.

"I FOUND HIM! YES!" I can tell he's been 'celebrating' "I FOUND OZPIN!"

Now everyone's head turns around in confusion, I go first "What? How's that possible?"

We see a boy no older then 12 or 13 come through the door behind him being very cautious, I'm guessing he's shy. "H-Hello everyone.... I-I'm Oscar.... but y-you may know me better as.... Ozpin."

Aelia walks up to him examining him "Qrow what the hell are you on? He's just a farmer's boy!"

Cinder walks up to him as well "Hmm.... no way! There's another soul within him!"

Oscar whimpers out "H-He said he's going to talk to you all."

He's eye change a bit and his voice deepens "It's so nice to see you all, including the new faces I'm seeing."

Darnell gets nervous.... I think Salem told him what he did at Beacon... "Ozpin..... I..... I'm the one who-"

Ozpin cuts him off "Don't worry Darnell, I don't blame you. I'm happy to know you regained control and gave your life for Beacon even though it fell."

I hold Darnell's hand to calm him down "It's ok honey, you couldn't control yourself and you were forced to fight a hard battle against something that looked like your father. No one blamed you at all."

He let's go of my hand and walks away from everyone "Say that to the world that hates me.... I should've stayed dead."

Ozpin interjects "No, The fact your still alive means we still have hope for a better tomorrow. The world will understand your pain just as much as we do Darnell. Your mother..... Salem used to me be good, I'm guessing your were able to interact with that side of her?"

Darnell turns around with his feelings painted onto his face for everyone to see "Yeah I was..... She said that I will lead us all into battle.... but I can't even do much against grimm at the moment."

Ozpin nods his head "I see, you did lose your memories but it seems you also lost your will to fight. The young man who came to my school with his brother wouldn't quit for the ones he cared for. But here you are, willing to give up just like that."

We all get surprised hearing Ozpin talk down to Darnell like that, I go to speak but Father beats me to it "He's right DJ, you need to toughen up. From what I've seen over the couple of months of you being enrolled into Beacon, you thrived to be the strongest so no one had to suffer. Sitting here whining like a child won't solve anything at all and you know that. Memories or no memories you know that better than anyone here, I expect no less from my son."