Chapter 19

Pyrrha's POV

I'm walking around the fairgrounds with my parents answering any questions they have. My father asks another "So Pyrrha, when are you going to be competing? I wanna see you and your team fight and see your progress." My Mom hums in agreement.

"After our friends in team RWBY fight, we'll be after them. They should be fighting later on in the day" I check my scroll for the time "Should be happening in a few minutes."

My Dad stops me "By the way, I really like Darnell. He seems to have everything in order and is very respectful."

My Mom adds in "Can't forget how handsome he is as well"

I get flustered "Y-Yes he is and I love him with everything I have."

I go to say something else but I hear my name being called, I turn around and see Darnell.

"Hey hon, that activity in the forest wasn't anything to worry about. Just some guys me and Huy know. Wanna grab something to eat before you fight?"

I smile "Of course! Can my parents come with us?"

He laughs a bit "Not a problem, besides our convo was cut short since I had to leave abruptly."

I look at my parents and see them happy to continue talking with him, I wonder how they'll feel about us being married though.

We're walking together with Darnell by my side. I go to reach for his hand and he beats me to it. I get closer and hold his arm instead and lean on him.

"So where do you guys want to eat? There's a lot to choose from as you can see"Darnell says as points to different stands.

I nudge him "Why not something simple?" I spot a ramen stand as I say this "Oh! How about ramen?"

They like the sound of it since it'll be real ramen instead of the insta ones that Darnell has in his dorm. Him and Huy love those and they're so unhealthy! "Alright then it's settled! Let's eat and watch the others fight after."

Darnell sighs "I can't watch the fights sorry. I gotta do patrol and show my friends around Beacon. But I'll make it up to you Pyrrha though so don't worry."

I get a little annoyed "How will you do that?"

His hands light up a little "I can give you a massage, I know you want one after your fight anyways."

I get excited "You know what? I'll take up on your offer Darnell! A heated massage sounds amazing!"

My Mom goes next to Darnell looking at his hands in amazement "Wow! You really are like a dragon Darnell! May I ask you a question? This is serious by the way."

He looks at her seriously "Yes ma'am, ask away"

"Due you have any intentions of going the next step with our daughter? I'm talking about marriage Darnell to make things clear."

My father waits in anticipation for his answer "To be honest ma'am..... I love your daughter with everything I have.... I feel I don't deserve her.... I'm absolutely smitten with her. I'll give her anything she wants, because she brings out the better side of me and helped me with my depression. Sadly I can't afford a ring for her but I can give her something later on that is the most precious thing I have until I get the money for a ring."

My father stands up from the seat at the stand and walks up to Darnell with a serious expression. I get nervous for how serious my Dad looks, he puts his hand on Darnell's shoulder "Son..... you have my blessing... to have my daughter's hand in marriage.... if you need help with funds then money is not a issue."