Chapter 12

Darnell's POV

As the doors close, me and Huy told the pilot we were gonna take a nap to get some extra energy before we get to the drop zone. He nodded as me and Huy sat in the back. Before I nodded off Huy goes "So what did Pyrrha say to you huh? You seemed pretty excited" he snickers.

I roll my eyes "We're gonna do what you did with your tuna but I can't be reckless, as in me getting fucked up."

As I say that I close my eyes but I get interrupted once again! I look at my scroll and see everyone in our group of friends wishing us luck, I calm down seeing the they actually care for us. It's been a couple of months now since we've arrived here. Hasn't been too bad but after finding out about Salem... I feel it's only about time something fucked is gonna happen. I relax and just think about our mission now instead of the future. I finally feel myself dozing off and let myself fall asleep.

I awake to someone yelling at me and Huy and a alarm going off inside the bullhead.

"YOU TWO NEED TO WAKE UP NOW, WE'RE BEING BOMBARDED BY NEVERMORES!" I force myself awake and I see Huy doing the same, I open the side door to see a flock of nevermores attacking the bullhead. I pull out my SMGs and start firing like a madman doing what I can to make them disperse. Huy gets next to me in a crouch position with his sniper and starts firing as well getting some shots in. We aim for their wings in a attempt to make the numbers smaller, it works for a bit but they start getting more agitated and start shooting their feathers at us.

One flies past my head "Holy shit that was close!!!" One of the nevermores hit the opposite side and causes the bullhead to tilt and I fall out but grab the landing gear. "UM HUY!! A LITTLE HELP!!!"

He starts to pull me up "SHIT I GOT YOU HOLD ON!!" I'm back in the cabin of the bullhead and we decide to close the door before we get impaled. We hear a scream and I run to the front and see the pilot has a nevermore feather in his chest. I pull him out of the seat and check his pulse and find nothing..

I take his helmet off and close his eyes quickly and hop in the pilot seat. "HUY I NEED YOU UP HERE MAN!!!"

He runs up and sees the pilot and stops a but hops in the seat next to me "DARNELL YOU DO KNOW HOW TO FLY THIS THING!?"

"NO BUT I KNOW THAT I'M DOING MY BEST TO KEEP US FROM CRASHING!" He checks the status of the bullhead and sees engine two dying.

"UM DARNELL?!" I look over at him "THE ENGINE IS DYING ON THE LEFT SIDE." I barely hear him due to the turbulence and everything in the cockpit blaring. I look out the window and see the engine starting to die out and we start falling at a angle.

"FUCK FUCK FUCK!! HUY DROP THE SHIT IN THE BACK!! He runs out of his seat and heads towards the back and starts throwing shit out. Boxes of dust and etc. He sees some first aid and rations and locks them in a case on the wall of the bullhead. After we lost the weight I was able to slowly bring the plane up at a angle but I wasn't fast enough as we hit some trees and hit the side of the mountain. "GOD DAMNIT, HUY LOCK YOURSELF IN A SEAT WE'RE GONNA CRASHLAND!! As I say this we hit the ground hard as hell and the force of it causes me to get knocked out and I'm out cold.

Blake's POV

It's been a couple of hours since Huy and Darnell left, I'm worried about them as always. Huy is the love of my life and Darnell is like a brother to me. They haven't been on a mission so it's their first time, they're capable but I'm just worried of what time of trouble they'll get themselves into. I laugh a bit and think back to how they would go looking for a good fight either with a friendly spar or go out hunting grimm. I decide to sleep the worries away and lay down. I start thinking about my future with everyone. What are we all gonna do when we graduate? Then dread sets in and I wonder what will happen if Huy and Darnell find a way back to their world... I wonder what would Huy choose and it hurts me deep inside. I can't hold him back from returning to his family and be selfish and keep him here... I cry a little and my drowsiness starts to kick in and I let sleep take over.