Chapter 25

Huy's POV

Blake ran out with Yang on her shoulder "Good.... I don't have to hold back now..." I let out in a growl.

He laughs "This will be a good battle Huy, I hope you won't disappoint."

We get in our stances and wait it out..... I decide to move first since the others are counting on me to come back.... and if Darnell comes..... I have to deal with him. I clash swords with him again but he pushes my blade to the side hoping to get a slash off but dodge under his attack and uppercut him in the jaw. He staggers a bit and I go for a stab attack but he recovers and side steps, I don't give a chance to attack and make a quick slash at his arm and graze him a bit. He jumps back "You're a quick thinker Huy... we could be great sparring partners you and I."

I scoff "The only thing you be good for is for being a punching bag."

He laughs "I can say the same for your friends, they'll make great practice for when Darnell gets to them. How's does it feel that your brother is going to slaughter everyone you care for and help our cause?"

I respond by charging at him with full force and go for his legs, he jumps up and falls for it, I go for an upward slice and catch his chest a bit. He grunts in pain since I'm draining his aura with each hit. He backs up to regain his stance. As he does this the mess hall starts to crumble around us and we look up and see the roof start to fall.... but that doesn't stop me. I shoot a blast of ice at his legs hoping he gets caught and gets crushed. It connects and the roof falls on top of him. "Good riddance you bastard." I let out as I turn to leave and meet up with the others at the landing pads.

I ran into some of the Atlas robots and make quick work of them. Fortunately I didn't run into the mechs, the ones I came across were already destroyed. As I round a corner I see a grimm get launched past me and hear a gust of wind. I hear Eric yell out "Huy! Over here! We've got wounded over here and doing our best to fend everything off!"

"Good job, did Blake and Yang make it?"

Tyrus runs up to me as I get closer "Yeah, we've bandaged them up.... Yang hasn't regained consciousness yet, losing her arm caused a good amount of blood lost Huy."

I think a bit "Have you had Aelia cauterize the wound?"

He shakes his head "No.... her and Pyrrha won't talk to anyone.... they're depressed Huy... Blake heard about what happened and is trying to comfort them but nothing seems to be working."

I sigh a bit "I'm part of why they're like that..... where are they?"

"By the furthest landing pad, Nick is doing what he can to treat people's wounds back there."

"I'll go see what I can do... you'll be fine correct?"

Ruby and Penny show up "Huy! We got a big problem!"

I give her my full attention "What's happening?"

Penny speaks up "People are saying that Darnell attack them.... He murdered some as well..." she looks down in sadness "What are we going to do when he makes his way here?"

I look at Eric and Tyrus and we nod "We're.... gonna be forced to kill him...."

Ruby's face turns into horror "NO!! YOU CAN'T DO THAT!! Her eyes start to water a bit and she draws the attention of the rest of our friends.

Weiss speaks first "What's happening Ruby?!"

"They're planning on killing Darnell!"

She gets shocked as well and looks at Eric "I-Is this true!?"