Chapter 45

Pyrrha's POV

I silently lay Darnell down in my lap and do my best to let him rest, rub his head and his breathing starts to regulate and calms down from whatever they did to him. I look up at everyone and notice the base behind them and the white fang escaping into the woods, I clear my throat and rub my eyes due to me crying a little "Everyone I'll keep a eye on Darnell for now..... the rest of you should check out that base and see if we can use anything or find any intel on their next move."

Cinder walks up to me and looks at Darnell "Are you sure? H-He seems might need to get out of here and bring him back to the house."

I shake my head "Winter might use this as an opportunity to capture him, I will not take that chance."

Ivo kneels down to my level and puts her arm on my shoulder to reassure me "You'll be fine here with him?" I nod my head "Alright.... everyone come on! Let's see what we can get before Atlas confiscates anything useful."

They reluctantly head to the base, father and Salem stay behind though "Please.... I just wants some time alone with him.... I wanna know what happened."

Salem nods her head "I understand.... it.... seems things don't change.... that anger Darnell has.... it's from me."

Father gets confused "What?"

"I was just like Darnell, using my anger to push myself further and further... but the demon used my anger and promised me I would get revenge... and possessed me."

"I'm sorry to hear that..... that's what happened to Darnell at Beacon, except he was just taken over."

I feel him stir in my lap "Mmmmm.... Py....rrha?"

I smile to reassure him he's safe "Hey.... how are you feeling honey? You ok?"

He raises his hand to my face and I hold his hand against me "Is it.... are you ok?"

I look in his eyes and I can see the fear in them "Yes.... nothing happened to anyone..... except you."

He rubs his eyes and sits a little and hugs me tightly "I... I..."

I shush him and hug him back "It's okay,  you can tell me later."

I let go and stand up and give him a hand but he falls a little and I catch him. His father gets nervous "That transformation really put a toll you DJ, take your time son."

"I transformed?"

Salem answers him "Yes... you pretty much grew in muscle size... like your father, and veins were pulsating. You're eyes were blood red with no pupils, then fire was coming out you're mouth as you screaming for Pyrrha."

He shakes his head "Please.... no more.... I want to forgot what I saw."

We stop due to his request to... usually he doesn't really hide anything that happened to him.... It must be horrible. I put his arm over my shoulder so he can walk easier "Thanks babe.... I'm sorry you gotta do this for me."

"No problem at all, it's what we do."

We walk in silence as we enter the base, we keep walking until we get a area which looks like a meeting room. I walk Darnell over to a chair and let rest his legs "You sure you're ok? You..... *sigh* I'm just scared for you and I want to let you know I'm here if you want to talk."

He shakes his slowly "I don't want to talk.... it.... It was just a real fucked situation and I just want to forget everything about it."

I sit next next to him and hold his hand, he tightens his grip on my hand as if it will be his last. Does it have to do something with the our children? He just stares back at me silently.... It was me. I go to say something but Salem cuts me off "Me and your Father Darnell will have a look around, just rest for now. You've done enough fighting those three on your own."