Chapter 49

Darnell's POV

Xandra gets surprised as she sees my sword "Oh, you changed it back? Guess it's better that way now I assume."

I pull it from it's sheath to show her "Yeah, Salem morphed it back to how it was."

She notices how I didn't call her mother "Salem? Guess after hearing what she promised me angered you.... oh well, she'll get what's hers soon or come back to us. She is quite fond of you Darnell. You three would always have her attention but she was very cautious of you."

Hearing this peaked my interest "She was cautious of me? Was it because she basically gave my life to you?" I say angrily.

She shakes her head "Your power is hard to control Darnell, as you can tell. I've tried to make you let it control you in certain situations to get results but your mother thought otherwise. She was scared the toll on your body would harm you or possibly cripple you. Even when you came back I've tried and but you resisted it a few times."

"I remember... you wanted me to kill Roman when he was in that mech" I sit back down the rock I was on "*sigh* I fucking should've but I didn't want to- eh who cares now."

"Didn't want to scare your friends? Was it Pyrrha?"

I stay quiet after hearing Pyrrha's name... she sits next to me "She was a good influence on you, you pushed yourself for mainly her correct?"

"Yeah.... I loved her.... I still do in fact but I just can't be what they all want me to be... I tried.... I tried so hard... just to be made a criminal... everything got harder so I trained and fought even harder... it killed me in Beacon and I thought I could rest after that."

She puts her hand on my arm and slides her fingers between mine, I laugh a little "And here I am... I have a different body, cut off everyone I've been fighting along side with and now I'm holding hands with the woman who has made my life a living hell for a year or so. I'm pretty stupid in that regard but who cares now, I'm on your side even you tired killing me multiple times."

She laughs a little "Yeah, even though I wanted it, it's weird having you on my side again. I love you Darnell."

I tighten my grip on her hand "Sorry... I can't say it back at the moment... not long ago I broke up with the woman of my life. It's kinda hard to say it back.... no offense it just seems wrong."

She gets frustrated a little "It's fine... it hurts a little but I understand, let's get out of here Darnell."

She stands up still holding my hand "Where to? I hope it's not Argus.... they're heading there."

"The white fang have a base near Argus, I need you there."

I stop moving and tug on her hand "I dont think I'm ready yet... to face them that is."

I can feel tears start to build up but she raises my face with her hand and runs her thumb on my cheek "It's ok... I just need you to keep a eye on things there, Salem and Ozpin are smart and with your brother and sister things could go bad for us. At most you can enjoy yourself, your aura won't be read due to you hiding your aura. You'll avoid them and I'll be with you."

I think back to Michael and Kenji "What about my son and nephew?"

"They'll be with us but they'll be overlooking everything while the clones do other things for me."